**Determine how you want your curls before rodding hair: I like a ton of curls, therefore I use a
ton of rollers.
- Wide Tooth Comb
- Rat Tail Comb
- Perm Rods (I use the purple ones as well as the gray ones)
- Hair clips
- Leave-in conditioner
- Setting lotion, if desired (I dilute my setting lotion with leave-in conditioner)
- Elasta QP Mango Butter (or whatever you choose to use to seal ends)
- Hooded Dryer (optional)
- Glosser or oil sheen
- Satin Bonnet
1. Begin with clean hair
2. Using a wide tooth comb, detangle hair from end to root
3. Section hair into 4 parts (as if you were making 4 ponytails). Apply a little leave in conditioner to each section (so that hair doesn’t dry) and pin hair out of the way using hair clips
4. I always begin on my back left side. Start at nape of the neck, part a small section of hair using a rat tail comb (I use fairly small sections because in my experience its harder to rod with too much hair on perm rod)
5. Spray that parted section of hair with setting lotion/leave-in mix, or whatever styling aid you’re using for your wet set. Using your comb, distribute it evenly throughout.
6. Put a dab of oil on the ends
7. To begin rolling, start at the end, and roll hair up the rod pulling as you go (doing this will get your roots fairly straight as well and it will also smooth the hair)
8. Secure rod at root by fastening
9. Repeat steps 2-8 until the entire head is complete
10. Allow to dry. I normally air-dry for 1 hour and I sit under hooded dryer for 30 minutes
11. When removing the perm rods, be sure to do this carefully because you do not want to alter the curl. I remove one rod at a time in a spiraling manner
12. When all the rods are removed, mist the hair with a glosser for added shine
This style lasts me for exactly one week and that’s with working out!
How do I maintain style? Each night I apply either coconut oil to my hair or I spray on oil sheen. I then cover hair with a satin bonnet. Each morning, I separate the curls a little more and I fluff my hair to make it fuller.
Just removed rollers