KeetaRay of Just Me... and My Thoughts is rockin' one heck of a mini twist set! Below, she graciously shares how she achieved the look!
- I washed my hair with Mixed Chicks Shampoo, Deep Conditioned with Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner, and then rinsed that out and applied Herbal Essence Totally Twisted.
- I rinsed my hair again, applied Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In, and sectioned my hair into 4 sections (2 on each side).
- I blow-dried my hair on LOW heat. I didn't make it fully dry, only about 80% so that I didn't have shrinkage with my twists.
- Start off by grabbing a section, maybe about a 1-2 inch section of hair.
- Pin the rest of your up and out of the way.
- Within that small section, using your fingers grab a small amount of hair to twist.
- Apply the shea butter/coconut oil mix to those strands and once you've applied it, start your twist. Get as close to the roots as possible. When you get to the end, you can twirl it with your fingers - they don't unravel.
- Keep doing this until you're done, and that's it!
These twists took me 4 hours and 10 minutes to complete. I'm very happy with the end result and plan on keeping these in for 2 weeks, at least.
To preserve the style at night, I just sleep with a satin bonnet. Low-maintenance, protective style. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask!