So as you all know, I've been rocking the same protective style for the past few weeks- - double buns with flat twist accents. Hubby affectionately refers to it as the Princess Leia!
The style is easy to do, lasts for a week, and is great if you workout regularly. Plus, it elicits the occasional compliment. Y'all asked for a video, but I'm doing the next best thing... a pictorial :)
I always start with soaking wet, detangled hair separated into two halves (for easier detangling in the shower, each half ends up in 3 big twists... 6 twists total).
- DevaCare One for styling, smoothing, and moisture
- Ouchless Pony Tail Holders to secure the buns
- Deva Set it Free (optional) for definition and frizz reduction
- Goody Ouchless Brush for detangling (optional)
Remove the twists and add a generous amount of Devacare or Devacurl One C (Set it Free is optional)
Flat twist that section following these instructions (see below)
Gather the twist and loose hair into a goody ponytail holder. Pull through twice, and only halfway through on the third time. You could also use bobby pins to secure the bun.
Allow to air dry unmanipulated, just as you would a wash-n-go. Disturbing the hair will result in frizz and less definition.
Next Day Results:
- Low manipulation (length retention)- - lasts for 7 days or more!
- Quick and easy- - great if you're short on time. I'm usually in and out of the bathroom in 30 minutes.
- Chic summer style- - keeps the hair off of your neck, and out out of your face.
- Cute work out hair- - I walk 3 miles every day, and my hair is the last thing on my mind :)
- Easy to jazz up with accessories (i.e. flowers, earrings, other sparkly barrettes).
- Part in the middle, or on the side, and create the two flat twists.
- Instead of pulling the hair into two buns, gather all of the loose hair into one low side bun.
I lightly spritz my hair with a filtered water/conditioner mix, smooth, and then don my satin scarf. In the morning, I remove the scarf, and if the buns are squished, I'll take them down and re-do.