Alta Angel writes:
I have been transitioning for almost one year and this easy, professional style has been heavy in my rotation since month 9. I work in a corporate, relatively conservative environment, so my hair must reflect those same themes while I am at work. Buns have been my saving grace, and I do consider them to be a "protective style". Buns do not have to be frumpy or boring...they can be quite elegant if you are creative!
After washing/conditioning/steaming my hair in 6 braids:
- I take down each braid and apply Qhemets Biologics Alma & Olive Heavy Cream and Olive and Honey Hydrating balm section by section and re-braid.
- I sleep in a satin scarf/bonnet and let my hair dry overnight.
- In the morning, I re-moisturize with a spritz and take out the braids. I apply aloe vera gel alone or combine with Eco Styler clear gel to my edges and nape and lightly brush up into a high ponytail.
- I wrap the covered band around the ponytail twice and then wrap my little pony stub around the band and secure with a coated bobby pin.
- At this point, I tie my hair down with a silk scarf so that my hair will "set" for about 15 minutes. I use this time to get dressed or put on my make-up.
- I take my faux braid and secure it to my head (just above the ponytail)with two long, coated hair pins in an "X" formation.
- I wrap the faux braid around the ponytail and secure with the "open" bobby pins.
purchased in most beauty supply stores or try www.femicollection.com.