Dear Curl Community,
I have been transitioning for 8 months, and let me tell you, it hasn't been easy! Dealing with two fighting textures is no joke. Since I'm on summer break, I've decided that my hair could use a little break too- - I'm thinking about getting braids or twists. I've never had them before so I'm wondering:
- What are the best braids/twists for transitioners?
- Which would cause the least damage?
- What do you do in preparation for braids (i.e. shampoo, deep condition)?
- How do you maintain the look (favorite spritzes, oils)?
- Did you see length retention when you wore them?