What's in your spritz bottle?
I'm not a mixtress and I'm not really a second or third day spritzer/refresher either. In the past I've applied DevaCurl Set it Free to my ends... but I never sprayed it directly, I would squirt it into my hands and then apply. The result? Smoother, shinier curls. I've also used Oyin's Juices and Berries, but the glycerin was a bit much.
In 2006, I posted this yummy recipe on Naturallycurly.com (I believe it came from a LHCF thread):
- 9 oz of conditioner (VO5 Extra body, Suave Bio Basics, or Suave Naturals)
- 3 oz of setting lotion (use Lotta Body for extra body)
- 1 oz of glycerin (optional!)
- 1-2 oz of sweet almond oil/coconut oil/olive oil, etc. (I used 2 oz of coconut oil)
- Put all the ingredients in a bottle and shake to blend...
- Add water until the consistency is to your liking (I liked a liquid-y consistency so I could spray to apply)