Characteristics of My Sandy Brown Hair:
- Fine ( and I will repeat this again)
- Very dry and porous (can never get enough moisture and sucks it up from anywhere)
- Very fragile, breaks easily, and very susceptible to mechanical damage
- Easily heat damaged ( I still have a press and curl from 12 months ago in my head)
- Deceptively fine & easily straightened, yet very high shrinkage ( 80% +) and fairly 'kinky'
- Sucks up color & keeps it (there is no such thing as semi-permanent or rinse color for me, it's there forever)
- Easily weighed down by products that usually work for 4a/4b hair, however my hair looks like 4a/4b hair but acts like some hybrid of 3-4/b
Is it My Hair Color? Or My Texture?
Is there something in particular curlies of this type can do? I have finally started to find some products/regimens that work to a degree, but only through A LOT of trial and error. If there is a connection I'd love to know more about it so I can tailor my hair care accordingly. Is there something to natural hair color in relation to ones hair texture?