Because I color my hair, and my eyebrows are naturally very dark, I have to bleach them from time to time to compliment my hair :) (the things girls go through lol) It takes me anywhere from 10-15 minutes to do, because I usually have to bleach them twice for the color to take (as you can see above).
I use the Jolen Creme Bleach Kit available at Walgreens for around $6. It’s gentle, doesn’t break out my skin and most of all, is easy to do at home! Here’s a step by step guide to bleaching your own brows at home:
**BEFORE ANYTHING: Test out the bleach on a small patch of hair on your arm & wait 24 hours to be sure you don’t have an allergic reaction.
1. Wash the eyebrow area with cold water and a gentle face wash.
2. Take the spatula and measure out about one half teaspoon of creme.
3. Clean the spatula, and measure about a quarter teaspoon powder and place on the tray. Mix well.
4. Apply the mixture with the spatula and completely (& carefully) cover the area of hair you want bleached.
5. Leave on for 10 minutes.
6. Gently remove with a cool damp washcloth (one you don’t mind getting stained lol)
7. If the area isn’t as bleached as you would like, reapply the mixture and apply for another 5 to 10 minutes.
8. All done!