by Taneica of ShatterProofGlassDolls
I got to thinking, ‘what would it be like to know, just by looking at a countdown clock on your arm, how much time you had left? What would you do with the time you had left if you knew that there was no way to get more time?’ That night, as I nodded off to sleep, I rattled off a to do list.
I would start off by taking my last three days of life and using them as my “tie up loose ends/vacation” days. That way I could work up until those days, overtime if I have to, so I can share extra time with family and friends in need. Now that we got that out of the way, now for the FUN stuff!
1. I’d do something really ridiculous and silly. I’d do something goofy like crash someones group photo. A wedding party shot would be best. LOL! Maybe go streaking at a football game, or walk on to a live news cast. I’ve always wanted to pull the ultimate prank, and those sort of activities always seem to make me giggle the most.
2. I’d encourage a perfect stranger. No longer would I second guess myself on whether or not I’ll know what to say, I’d start with a smile and part knowing I made their day.
3. I’d dance….in PUBLIC. Ok, so….lol….here’s the thing: I can’t dance at all. I look ridiculous when I dance and everyone knows it. So, i usually get put on purse watch duty, while all of my rhythmically blessed girlfriends shake it on the dance floor. Nope, if I knew for sure my days were numbered, I’d take the opportunity to cut loose on the dance floor and let it AAAAALL hang out.
4. I’d spend an entire day loving up on my husband. Yup. Nuff said.
5. I’d protest. For some odd reason, I’ve always wanted to join a picket line and yell stuff. lol
6. I’d apologize to everyone that I’d wronged in the past, personally.
7. I’d make peace with my maker.
As I drifted off into deep sleep, it dawned on me that my list doesn’t have to be a “maybe I could if the opportunity presented itself” type of list. I could do every single thing I mentioned right now! God willing I can add to my to do list if another day is granted to me! It’s no mistake that we don’t know when our number is up. We’ve each been given an opportunity to live each day to it’s fullest and make as big of an impact as we possibly can. Each hour, each second that we are breathing is a gift.
How will you say thank you?