On some real levels right now... can you believe this ish? You’re 30 years old today. Like, ten years from forty. Like, almost middle aged. Like, 'get stuck in the current fashion trend forever' old.
We've been at this thing for eleven years now... grew up together. And in that time, we’ve been, well, through the fire, to the limit, to the wall, lol! The good, the bad... the best, the terrible awful and everything in between. But still we’ve managed to work through, we've communicated, listened, empathized, and kept our priorities in check. You were then and still are my best friend, my biggest supporter and the man that makes me laugh 'til I pee a little.
Now, I was pretty dope when you met me, but today, I must admit, I’m more outgoing, I’m bolder, and because of your propensity to talk politics all day which keeps me from enjoying my Spongebob marathons makes me sharper too. But I've taught you a thing or two as well, including your ability to change a 'smooshy' diaper without getting any on your thumb!
Now that you’ve reached this major milestone in your life, I’d like to take this opportunity to
- The way I don’t tighten the lids on juice containers (ain't nobody got time for that!), which you later retrieve from the fridge, shake, and then must clean up off the floor and cracks and crevices in the fridge.
- The way I leave that last load of clothes (usually your whites) in the washing machine 'til they mildew and have to wash them again. Or better yet, the way I leave that same load of clothes in the dryer for days on end so that it then becomes an extension of your sock drawer.
- At restaurants, ordering what I want and requesting that you order what I almost wanted so that I may pick off of your plate as well
- The way I ask you what you want to do when I already know what I want to do
- The way my 'every dish must be clean' OCD makes me throw away ish before you’re done with it, or clear your plate or empty your cup before you’re finished with it.
Happy birthday Dr. Walton!