- Took 7 satin-scarf pieces (1 satin scarf cut in half lengthwise).
- Separated my hair into 7 relatively equal sections (off center part with 2 sections on the left side of my face, 1 on the right side, 3 sections in the crown and 1 section at my nape).
- Working by one section at a time:
- Lightly dampened each section with Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose conditioner diluted in water using a small spray bottle.
- Applied a pea-sized amount of Cream & Coco Hair Pudding (applying to bottom half first and smoothing up to roots).
- Braid hair using scarf as two outside sections of braid and hair as the middle section, looping scarf under hair to begin braid.
- Loop and tie one end of scarf around end of hair to secure braid and cover ends. I applied a little more of the pudding to my ends to ensure that they were well moisturized and smooth prior to knotting scarf.
- Repeated until all 7 sections were braided.