via the GoodHairDiaries
What is a pre-poo?
To apply a conditioning treatment to the hair prior to shampooing / washing so as to add moisture to the follicles.
Which products are best for a pre-poo?
What you use as a pre-poo is solely up to you. I enjoy using a protein conditioner/treatment as a pre-poo if I know that I will be deep conditioning with a moisturizing treatment. In general, oils and humectants such as honey and conditioners are all great options for pre-poos. Choose according to what your hair needs and craves in order to get the most out of your pre-poo.
- Gather your ingredients for your pre-poo
- Section your dry hair into 4 or more sections
- De-tangle each section with a wide tooth comb
- Spread your choice of pre-poo over each section
- Cover hair with a conditioning cap and sit under a hooded dryer if you choose
Oh and for the record, this is now 'greasy ass bun', day 2. I have absolutely no intentions of washing and styling today, at the most, I may add another layer of coconut oil! Tomorrow, yeah... tomorrow is wash day :)