- Massage the area with castor oil to stimulate blood flow and encourage hair growth
- Don't use a comb or a brush on the area. De-tangle and smooth with your fingers only.
- If you use chemicals such as relaxers, perms and permanent hair dye, apply them to the nape last in order to process the area for the least amount of time.
- Make sure the nape area is covered at night with a silk or satin scarf. Your entire head should be covered in fact.
- Be sure to moisturize the area using the L.O.C. Method (liquid, oil, cream for sealing) and opt for a thicker oil to seal in the moisture. I recommend castor oil.
- Avoid styles that pull and tug at the area. I always leave my edges out when doing a sew in weave, and braid loosely around the edges for my single braids.
- Always use a heat protectant and use heat on the lowest temperature setting possible when dealing with the nape.
- Braid the hair in the nape straight across and leave it alone. It's just that simple.
- Pick and choose the tips that work for you and start giving your nape the TLC it truly deserves.