Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
Two Tilapia Fillets
1/4 stick of butter
Pancake complete mix
1/4 medium red onion
Old Bay seasoning
1. Preheat the oven on 375°.
2. Dice the red onion into a medium bowl.
3. Season the tilapia fillets with Old Bay seasoning, parsley, black pepper, and lemon pepper (dusting) as desired. Only season ONE SIDE of the fillets.
4. Heat the skillet over medium low heat.
5. Combine the pancake complete mix and water for your desire pancake. See the back of the pancake mix box for instructions.
6. Stir until the lumps disappear. Do not over mix because it will make the pancakes tough.
7. Dip the UNSEASONED SIDE of the fillets in the pancake batter.
8. Light grease the skillet with half of the butter.
9. Place the PANCAKE SIDE of the fillets on top of the butter.
10. When the bottom of the pancake is golden, remove the fillet from the skillet.
11. Add the remainder of the butter onto the baking pan and place the fillet on top of the butter with PANCAKE SIDE down.
12. Sprinkle the diced red onion on top of the fillets.
13. Bake the fillets in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until the tilapia flakes easily with a fork. Check your pancakes to ensure they do not burn.
14. Remove from the oven and place the fillets on a plate to stop cooking the pancake.
15. Grab a fork and snag a little taste of sweet and savory goodness.
16. Serve to your loved ones and talk about your favorite part of the day!
Weekly Relationship Tip
Men live, breathe, and eat respect. God wired them that way. Respect is not earned, it is a decision like love. Trust is earned. Learn the difference. #LoveIt
Aretha Franklin did not write the "Respect"song. It was written by Otis Redding as a desperate plea to his woman. Craziness right?! I thought so too.