J.Nicole of Get Nourishment is back with a new recipe and relationship tip! Enjoy!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 40 mins
5 big tomatoes
1/4 chopped medium red onion
Bushel of chopped cilantro
Ear of corn (shucked)
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 can of re-fried beans
1 tbsp olive oil
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream (optional)
Green Onion/Scallions (optional)
1. Season the ground meat with taco seasoning and hot shot as desired.
2. Place the skillet on medium heat.
3. Once the skillet is warm, add the olive oil.
4. Saute the red onions.
5. Add the seasoned meat and cooked until ready.
6. Add cilantro as desired and turn off the heat.
7. Cook the re-fried beans as instructed on the can.
8. Season the beans with a pinch of adoba and cilantro.
9. Mix the shucked corn with desired amount of cilantro.
10. After the ingredients are cooked, preheat the oven on low broil.
11. Cut the tomato into 2/3 of the way down and into eights. Do NOT completely cut the tomato because you want it to remain intact to hold the ingredients on the inside.
12. Add the beans, ground meat, corn, and cheese.
13. Wrap the tomato into aluminum foil and place into oven.
14. Broil for 5-10 minutes or until the tomato has soften and the cheese is melted.
15. Remove the tomato from the oven and allow it to cool for a few moments.
16. Dress the tomato with sour cream and green onion as desired.
17. Call a friend to share an oven-roasted tomato burrito and great conversation.
Weekly Relationship Tip
Our focus shouldn't be on seeking or hunting for the right person, but becoming the right person God has called us to be. Becoming the person who we are searching for is searching for.