So, I have decided to get back on my hard workout regimen. I've always been someone who works out, but now I am getting back to being disciplined increasing the workouts and staying consistent. I am currently working out six days out of the week.
I have found that this makes it difficult to do any major styling to my natural hair. I don’t see any point in blow drying, straightening, stretching. I have found myself doing nothing but a wash and go. I started conditioner washing daily, but I found that my hair was taking forever to dry as always. My hair would be wet during the day, wet at night, and still wet in the morning. I started to feel like my hair was never dry. The fear that my hair would start to mold really freaked me out. One day, I was getting ready to head out to my son’s football practice. I had been working out earlier that day and was styling my wash and go. I love going out to his practices, because my hair dries faster when I am on the go. I was just happy to know I wouldn't be going to bed with a wet head that night. I noticed that my hair was kind of flat, and I didn't really like it. I wanted more volume. I didn't want to blow dry, and I couldn't run my fingers through my hair, because it was still soaking wet and would frizz up like crazy. For some strange reason I got the idea to try not adding a styling product to my hair. I know that sounds really crazy for 4 type hair, but after his practice I literally sat up in bed for over an hour daydreaming about it. LOL! I am not joking. So, that morning… I woke up went to the gym, and skipped into the bathroom. Oh yaaaay! I was excited. Guess what ladies?! It was NIIIIIIIIIIICE! The funny thing is not only did it add volume, my hair was dry in like 3-4 hours. What? That never happens for my hair. If someone would have told me this a long time ago, I would have threw out my gel, leave in, and magic potions a long time ago. LOL! I am not saying this will work for everyone, but if you are curious give it a little try. I do this routine daily.
My Fast Drying Wash & Go
- I conditioner wash my hair using Suave Naturals
- I finger detangle my hair in the shower while soaking wet with a generous amount of the conditioner
- I rinse all of the conditioner out once the hair is fully detangled
- I add extra virgin olive oil to my hair, not too heavy. Make sure you get oil on all of the hair. I like to flip my head upside down.
- I wrap my hair with an old t shirt so that the hair is not dripping all over the place. It also helps to dry the hair a little faster.
- I leave the t shirt on for at least 15 minutes while I am getting ready, and then I take it off so that the hair continues to air dry.
Good luck if you try it out!