2. Host, Roland Martin, was pretty much a party in a box. He was hilarious and the perfect man for the job.
3. Like me, the NAACP folks appreciate a good glass of champagne (or three). Good drinks flowed and good food was served. Dr. Walton signed up for his membership immediately. #YesPlease #AndThankYou
4. I received a certificate and got to walk across the stage like graduation, so I felt pretty darn special. I also got to serve face on the red carpet and that's always fun.
5. I finally got to rock my obnoxious bow dress! I received a ton of compliments and Niecy Nash (who was killing it by the way) told me I got the award for best dressed. Guillermo, aka Huck (who was gladiating by the way) also complimented my bow situation. I'm sure I blushed.
7. People who make music with only their mouths are amazing. Naturally7 slayed and I've pretty much downloaded all of their awesomeness. You should too!
8. Two glasses of champagne will make you forget your shoes are a half size too small. #ToesNumbDontCare
9. Along with Naturally7, sisters Chloe and Halle Bailey (15 and 13 years old!) performed Pretty Hurts and I ugly cried. I know I'm late, but I had never heard of them before. Their presence, their voices, their amazing parents... they're set up for the win! Interview to come.