My Henna Gloss Recipe
- My goat milk conditioning mask *
- 2 tablespoons of Dulhan BAQ henna powder
- Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Apply mixture to hair and massage into scalp.
- Twist hair into 4 sections, clip hair up with a jaw clip and don a plastic cap.
- Apply heat for 30 min-1 hour (I use a hair therapy wrap).
As I suspected, the gloss also gave my grey roots got a little color so that they weren’t as stark white.
After rinsing, I set my hair in 4 twists, which I wore in a twist-out the next day. And, the set held up very well the rest of the week!!
The one issue I have had with the gloss is related to my base goat milk conditioner. It can be a little chunky and thick, so I have had some residue in my hair after rinsing. Therefore, I have to make sure that my conditioner is as smooth as possible prior to adding the henna and that I rinse very well. In the future, I may try mixing the henna with water first before adding it to the conditioner. This should help thin the consistency and aid blending. However, despite the small rinsing issue, the easy, peasy henna gloss is now in my repertoire when I want some of the conditioning benefits of henna with minimal time and effort!! It may be right up your alley if you have been wanting to try henna, but have been afraid to take the leap or have been looking for some of the benefits without the time commitment!!