Using honey on your hair won’t necessarily make it grow faster, as hair growth is primarily determined by genetics. But it will certainly keep your hair and scalp healthy, which fosters growth!
- AN EMOLLIENT (natural softener). It acts as a great conditioner and improves the health of hair follicles, the starting point for hair growth.
- AN ANTIOXIDANT. It keeps your scalp healthy, promoting hair growth!
- A HUMECTANT. It prevents the loss of moisture from your scalp.
- A PSORIASIS AND DANDRUFF FIGHTER because of its antiseptic and antibacterial qualities.
Adding honey to your routine can be as simple as adding it to your shampoo or putting it directly on your scalp (cover with a shower cap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes). Another great option is the deep conditioning olive oil and honey treatment:
- MIX 2 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a microwaveable bowl.
- MICROWAVE the mixture for 30 seconds and let cool.
- APPLY the cooled mixture throughout your hair and massage into your scalp.
- COVER your hair with a shower cap and let the mixture soak in for 30 minutes before rinsing.