- Start with the basic braid as you normally would do
- Take a small section of the main section of hair add it to the strand which will be added to the center.
- The forefinger and thumb are guiding the portions to position
- Use your other fingers to keep the rest neat and uniform.
- You can work quicker when the hair is dry and detangled.
- Section the hair and create 3 equal portions
- Bring the outer portion over the middle and into the center
- Before every pass, add a small piece of the main hair section to the portion before it is taken over to the middle
- Take your time. This is tedious but worth it!
- Use your free fingers to ensure that the sections remain separate
- Once the braid is complete and lifts off the head, you can continue with the basic braid until you reach the end of the hair.