Having a TWA does not mean your styles have to be limited to a twist out or a wash and go. Get creative! Leah is eight months natural and is ready for a change. A lot of women who big chop anticipate the day they can achieve a effortless ponytail, but until you can do so with ease, here is a great tutorial. This low bun style is great for all occasions and is perfect for something quick when you are on a time crunch.
Products and Tools
- EcoStyler Gel
- 2 ponytail holders
- Comb or Denman brush
- Spray bottle (water)
- Rat tail comb
- Satin scarf
- Marley hair
*Starting on stretched hair makes this style easier to achieve.
- Shingle EcoStyler Gel throughout your hair starting from the nape and working your way up.
- Detangle each section with a comb or denman brush to help smooth it out and prevent tangles when you release the style.
- Place each detangled section into a ponytail holder to move it out the way.
- Smooth the hair in the ponytail with your hands or denman brush so that it lays flat.
- Spray your hair with water in the event that the sections toward the front begin to get dry.
- Create a part with a rat tail comb once you reach the front of your head.
- Secure your style with a satin scarf and leave it on for 10 min or overnight for the best results
- Fashion your Marley hair around your low ponytail and secure with a ponytail holder.