"According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, Ayurveda is considered one of the oldest healing sciences that have a holistic approach to health. It is designed to help people live a long, healthy, and well-balanced life. It has been practiced in India for at least 5,000 years. It has recently become popular again in western cultures and is used to treat illnesses and maintain balance in the body, mind, and consciousness through proper eating, drinking, and lifestyle. Our hair, which is a vital parameter of external beauty, can also benefit from Ayurvedic treatments to maintain its health and look beautiful. These time-tested herbal hair care remedies have been the backbones behind the healthy and long hair of Indian women. Whether dealing with scalp problems, nourishing the hair follicles, or trying to steer clear of sulfates, parabens, or ingredients you cannot pronounce, Ayurveda can bring health and beauty to your tresses."
- Add 1 cup of distilled water to the Fenugreek seeds. Let it soak overnight.
- In the morning, warm the goat milk slightly. Then add the cassia seeds, hibiscus, amla, rosemary and mint.
- Cover and turn off the heat source.
- Let it steep until it is mildy warm.
- Strain the herbs from the infused milk.
- Add honey to the milk and stir until the honey has dissolved. Adding it at this time helps to maintain the integrity of the honey.
- Once the honey is full incorporated add the fenugreek water/ plain distilled water (if you skipped the fenugreek step). If you like to use the mashed fenugreek to infuse your water you can use it that way as well.