I love Ayurvedic herbs, flowers and everything natural! It's a new year and winter is taking its toll on our strands. When my hair needs a big dose of nourishment I whip up this easy, DIY mask. It is enriched with strengthening and softening ingredients to smooth and moisturize your natural hair. Check it out.
Ayurvedic Conditioning Custard
-6 tablespoons of raw aloe gel
-2 tablespoons of rose powder
-3 tablespoon kalpi tone powder
-5-7 drops of peppermint essential oil
-1 tablespoon of mustard oil
-1/2 a cup to 1 cup of coconut milk (adjust the amount to create your preferred conditioner thickness)
-1 tablespoon of Coconut, Olive Oil or Budding Butter Treat
*Kalpi Tone is a nice blend of ayurvedic herbs. It is good for those that do not have many of these herbs or want to buy them. This blend contains: amla, maka, mandoor, japakusum, narangichal, shikaki, kumari, Kapoor kachli, wala, brahmi, methi seeds, khadir, chandan, neem, sitaphal seed and sugandhi dravya.
-1 plastic/glass bowl and spoon
-1 small pot
-a plastic wish
-1 glass/ plastic jar
1. Put all powders into a bowl.
2. Warm the coconut milk and pour over the powders. Blend very well with whisk until it's smooth. No lumps.
3. Add the mustard oil, coconut/olive/budding butter treat, peppermint essential oil, and aloe. Mix well.
1. Apply it to freshly washed or dampened hair.
2. Cover the hair. Leave in for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse well. Then moisturize and style as normal.