Fantasia IC and I go wayyyy back, lol.
I started using it in 2006 after finding Naturallycurly.com. Primarily, I used it for wash-n-go’s…I didn’t wear puffs or twist-outs very much back then. After about a year of globbing it on, my already dry ends took a turn for the worse! For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why…this gel contains no alcohol…no cones (1 water soluble cone)…so what was it? HYDROLIZED WHEAT PROTEIN. It dries me out everytime! I discovered this after a short stint with Sebastian Potion 9. Like Fantasia IC, my hair looked awesome, but it wasn’t healthy. The wheat protein made my hair hard, brittle and prone to breakage. Live and learn. Now, I avoid all wheat protein containing prodcuts like the plague.
While ‘on’ Fantasia IC, my hair was weighed down, had excellent shine and WONDERFUL definition. My curls were usually crunch free, as long as I remembered to use a moisturizing leave-in underneath. I employed Ms. Jessie’s shingling technique to apply IC and my results were always fantastic. Luckily, I wasn’t big into ‘volume’ back then, because IC would’ve been very counter productive. It controls the frizz, controls the volume…hell, it totally controls your hair. I recommend this gel, only if; (1) you want to reduce the bulk, (2) you need frizz control, (3) you use a moisturizing leave-in underneath, and (4) you can tolerate protein.
Ingredients: Purified Water Aqua , Glycerin , Carbomer , Triethanolamine , Aloe Vera Gel , Dimethicone Copolyol , Tocopherol Acetate , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Polysorbate-20 , Benzopehonoe-4 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Disodiium EDTA , Fragrance
- The greatest shine on earth!
- Aloe, Vitamins and Wheat Protein.
- Alcohol free.
- With hair protective sunscreen.
- Hair Polisher Styling Gel gives great body, manageability, volume and shine.
- Perfect for blow styling, roller sets, molding, sculpting, lifting and other styling techniques.
- Polisher Gel smoothes curly hair for a more natural, hair styling look.
- Defies gravity, conditions and hold hair styles all day.
- Not tested on animals.
- For professional use.
- Great Definition
- High Shine
- Weighs hair down
- Available on the ground (Sally’s BSS)
- No drying alcohols, no water insoluble cones
- Contains protein (for the sensitive ones, like me!)
- Dries crunchy (unless you use a great leave-in underneath)
- Doesn’t play well with all leave-ins (can leave you with flakes and white balls if you’re not careful)
- Decreases volume (may be a pro for some of you!)