Across the hair boards, this product is very well liked. However, my short stint with it was anything but positive. As I’ve stated before, my fine strands are very sensitive to protein- my hair gets hard, brittle and generally horrible to deal with. Giovanni Direct contains Soybean Protein, and my curls protested something fierce. The light consistency left my curls shiny/glossy and very fluffy (not defined). This product is full of wonderfully rich ingredients, but for whatever reason, it was lacking in the moisture department. It smells nice, and detangled pretty well, but I definitely won’t be repurchasing this one.
Product Description: “To create condition and style, you need to go direct to the source. Direct Leave-in Conditioner goes directly into each hair to provide both. This leave-in treatment repairs hair as you go through the day. It also has the added benefit of plumping up each repaired hair so that it feels thicker. More bodified. This conditioner infuses each individual hair with proteins. Pumps it up. Goes directly to style.”
Ingredients: Water, Extracts of Rosemary oil , Nettle oil, Thyme oil, Birch Leaf oil, Chamomile oil, Clary, Lavender, Coltsfoot leaf, Yarrow oil, Mallow, Horsetail oil, Soybean Protein, Cetyl alcohol, Vitamin E, Trace minerals, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed. Certified Organic
- Light consistency won’t weigh curls down or build-up (easy application
- Smells great
- Restores strength via Soybean Protein (if you’re not sensitive)
- Decent slip
- Purchase on the ground (Target, Whole Foods, Lowes Foods)
- Certified Organic, Cruelty Free, and No animal by-products
- If your natural kinks are use to thick, rich conditioners and butters, keep it movin’
- Price- $7.95ish…If you use as much conditioner as I do, you’d go through a bottle of this a week
- Could make your hair hard-if you’re sensitive to protein
This is my new love. It gives my hair so much moisture and slip. This will be my new staple conditioner.
I just started using this a week ago and I’ve used it by itself and as a spritz with water. I think it works best used with water but overall I like it a lot. Detangling with it is pretty easy for me.
I remember trying this product like 2 years ago and I had such high hopes for it but it dried me out too. Not sure why as my hair can handle proteins. But whatever was in it wasn’t doing it at all.