I’m loving my Micro Heat Cap!!!!! It has totally replaced the need for my noisy Ion Hooded Dryer (which was only used for DT’s). I don’t know about you, but my hair needs a little heat in order to allow the conditioner to penetrate the shaft. It comes with 3 gel packs that you must slide into the cloth pockets on the sides and top of the cap prior to the first use. After my DT is applied and my plastic conditioning cap is secured, I grab my micro heat cap, and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, flip it, and let it go for another 30 seconds. I immediately put it on, and it stays nice and toasty for about 30 minutes. I purchased mine from here, but they are currently sold out. I use it for henna sessions and deep treatments.
- Easy to use
- Great Price
- Great heat source- I’m not a fan of the hot blowing air of hooded dryers…I feel that it can do more harm than good for my fine strands
- Quiet and the heat doesn’t disturb others in the room (unlike my hooded dryer)
- Bursting gel packs- I’ve had mine for 6 months, and this hasn’t been a problem for me. Only heat it for 60 seconds, and make sure you flip it! If you have to purchase new gel packs, you can get them here.
- Not a good look- My DH calls me a Martian when I have it on…trust me, its the opposite of sexy…
- It only stays hot for 30 minutes- when it cools off, I just pop it back in the microwave.