-Were you a long term or short term transitioner, and why?
I plan to be a long term transitioner, minimum 2yrs. My goal is to achieve health and length simultaneously and I’m already 5 months in with 3 inches of new growth.
-When did you BC? What was your initial reaction to your natural hair?
I don’t have any plans to big chop, I’m just going to trim my ends little by little until all of my relaxed hair is gone.
-What was your transition routine? ( products included)
- Shampoo- Carol’s Daughter Tui Shampoo
- Clarify- AVC Rinse or Shikakai Powder
- Co-wash- Suave Tropical Coconut, Organix Mandarin Olive Conditioners
- DC-Pantene R/N Hair Mask
- Leave in- Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, Oyin Honey Hemp
- Oil rinses- coconut, grape seed, avocado, jb castor oils, CD lisa hair elixir, EVOO
- Moisturizer- Qhemet Biologics Amla/Olive heavy cream, Oyin Whipped pudding
- Spritzes – karkady replenish QB, Greg Juice, (my mix) rosewater, veggie glycerin, water
- Protein Treatment- 1egg, mayo, conditioner, oils
- Tools- deman, widetooth comb, applicator brush, ouchless hair bands, headbands, pins, plastic caps, hooded dryer
* I don’t use all these products at the same time I switch them up every couple weeks*
-What was your staple hairstyle during transitioning?
Twist-n-Curls/ Spiral sets, it is just easier with spirals they spring back to life easier and I think they frame my face well.
-How did you moisturize your hair to prevent breakage at the new growth line?
Two products, and one oil: Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, and Coconut Oil
-Why did you decide to go natural?
I was doing a home relaxer like I’ve done so many other times and apparently I didn’t rinse all of it out in the temple and fringe areas. The result was baldness! and like so many other people, I wasn’t happy at how thin and fragile it was and how I wasn’t able to retain any length. It’s now growing healthier and stronger than ever.