Henna Saturday!

By January 27th, 20218 Comments

I haven’t henna’ed in over a month. Partially due to my experimentation with Bentonite clay…and partly due to my laziness. My hair is lacking in volume, but the shine and smoothness are still present. It’s amazing how big my hair gets post henna. Amazing. I may do a DT before and after to prevent any dryness.

Does anyone else have plans to henna this weekend? If so, what’s your recipe?!

Later Gators,
Nik

Hey Nikki! I am on your site like everyday! I received my henna on my bday which was 2/9, and I just applied my henna today 2/20. I used the same recipe you used in your video and I’m excited to see the results in the morning. Thanks for all the great info!

• Frizzcurls427 says:

Hey Nikki! I actually hennaed today and I think I love the results!! Better than I have ever had and you know I hennaed enough in the past…I used BAQ henna that I purchased from a local distributor(our old connect)…I used henna that I purchased from her this summer that I had in the freezer for several months…I believe it was ’07BAQ but anyway I used your recipe with the green tea and after I let it sit over night for dye release I added honey to smooth out the texture of the henna. I shampooed my hair and then applied the henna after I parted my hair into four sections. The application process didn’t take long and I didn’t make a mess either…I let it stay on my hair for 6 hours after wrapping it up in two clear plastic caps, a scarf and a scull cap. It rinsed out so easily and my hair did not feel brittle or dry as it usually did when I used ACV diluted in water. I’m glad I chose to try the green tea b/c my hair was moisturized and I didn’t feel like I needed to deep condition but I am as I’m typing right now…Will let you know how it turned out!!

• Ayomide says:

I tried the bentonite clay Friday. Can’t say I love it, my hair did feel clean but not extra soft like others have said. It added another 20 minutes to my hair regime so that I didn’t like that. .I used the clay with coconut milk,and did a ACV rinse and deep condition. I also tried a new hair style that I am in love with now, and that was by accident.

I loved the clay on my face, wonderful. I had two small bumps on my cheeks and after the mask they were gone!

It was fun trying something new. Really love your site and learning about the new products that I have never heard of. I am going to try the henna one day and see how that works out.

FYI, There was a discussion about henna and bentonite clay last year on NP and Shulta said it’s best to wait 8 weeks in between each treatment. Please let us know how your hair turns out.

Thanks to CN I am henna-ing for the 2nd time as I type. I really like the results last time so…

recipe: 100 grams henna-boy henna (i’m in the UK) + ACV+ Honey + Yogurt.

Rinse with Faith in Nature Conditioner
    DT with Pantene Breakage Defense

• Unknown says:

I’m not doing a henna but I heard adding paprika gives it a little more color. What are your thoughts on adding ingredients to henna to get more of a color. Thanks!!

I hennad last week and I used 1 cup Jamila Henna, 3/4-1 cup green tea and 1tbs of raw honey. I rinsed with Suave coconut conditioner and DC'd with Aubrey Organics Jojoba Aloe conditioner and followed up with an oil rinse. I then did your T&C with Deva One and shea butter on the ends. Turned out GREAT! Thank you for everything!

I will be henna’ing my hair…because of my first 2 treatments by using just Jamila Henna and lemon juice I got great results. My hair was not dry. So my mixture is so simple and it works for “my hair”….

100 grams of Jamila Henna from hennafor hair.com
    unknown amount of lemon juice (till it gets a smooth paste)
    Co-wash/apply paste/under dryer for 2-3 hours

I deep Treatment after henna treatment.

~Nappturall~