My poor curls have truly been neglected lately, so I decided to treat myself to a Spa Night! The harsh, cold wind did a number on my ends, plus, it’s been 2 weeks since my last DT, and more than a month since my last henna treatment.
I planned to have the henna in by 5, but I got a late start due to a mid-day nap…I got the ‘itis’ from over-eating at an Indian buffet.
Here’s what I did tonight:
- Snipped the ends of each of my curls…more or less.
- Hopped in the shower, detangled using Kinky Curly Knot Today, and my Jilbere Shower Comb. My hair detangled like a dream after the mini trim!
- Applied a DT (Jessicurl WDT+Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose) and put on my heat cap.
- Applied a Bentonite face mask- this mask has totally removed the black heads I had on the sides of my nose!
- Poured a glass of Shiraz while I waited 20 minutes for the mask to dry, and the DT to set.
- Rinsed Bentonite Clay.
- Rinsed DT. Sprayed my hair with Oyin’s Frank Juice for extra moisture and slip.
- Applied Henna (200g henna+2cups of cooled green tea+ a lot of honey)
- Poured another glass of Shiraz
I took some pics of my trimmed ends so you guys can get an idea of how much hair I’m talking about. I also took pics of my hair post trim.
I finger combed through my curls, and whenever I felt a snag, which usually occured on the last 1/2 – 1 inch of each curl, I snipped, and moved to the next one.
i know you had mention that henna loosen your curls, after how many treatments did you start noticing the change.
My hair appears dark brown/black with a hint of red in most indoor lighting, and brown with lots and lots of red overcast outdoors…so much so, that my sister calls me red head. It’s hard to hide the henna in the sun. In doors the color just looks really rich and dark.
I use Aztec Secret brand…you can purchase it Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, or online at Amazon.
So what color is your hair with henna? It looks dark in these pics. I really want to start using henna. But I am afraid of the color effects.
Which brand of Bentonite face mask do you use? Your very helpful.
ALS, henna is good for relaxed, natural and transitioning, as long as you use high quality (body art quality) henna. Contact Catherine at www.hennaforhair.com or www.mehandi.com for more information on the henna that would be best for ya!
Thanks ladies for the kind words!
Your hair is so gorgeous! Quick question: I am currently transitioning, (20 weeks post relaxer) can I henna, is it safe?
so you want this 🙂
Hair looks so nice Nikki. Your Spa sounds almost like my spas. Its relaxing and enjoyable…I have cut up fruit while I’m relaxing…I also use the bentonite clay…I want to try the amla facial soon. My first henna’ed my hair was Jan 20 and the second time was Jan 22 and tonight I will do a treatment…I can’t wait…Happy Henna’ing
Fab as always I’m going try Henna one day
GORGEOUS!!! I see curles and waves.. So pretty. Looks like it was just what your hair needed.
GORGEOUS.. I see curls and waves.. so pretty. Just what your hair needed.