My poor curls have truly been neglected lately, so I decided to treat myself to a Spa Night! The harsh, cold wind did a number on my ends, plus, it’s been 2 weeks since my last DT, and more than a month since my last henna treatment.
I planned to have the henna in by 5, but I got a late start due to a mid-day nap…I got the ‘itis’ from over-eating at an Indian buffet.
Here’s what I did tonight:
- Snipped the ends of each of my curls…more or less.
- Hopped in the shower, detangled using Kinky Curly Knot Today, and my Jilbere Shower Comb. My hair detangled like a dream after the mini trim!
- Applied a DT (Jessicurl WDT+Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose) and put on my heat cap.
- Applied a Bentonite face mask- this mask has totally removed the black heads I had on the sides of my nose!
- Poured a glass of Shiraz while I waited 20 minutes for the mask to dry, and the DT to set.
- Rinsed Bentonite Clay.
- Rinsed DT. Sprayed my hair with Oyin’s Frank Juice for extra moisture and slip.
- Applied Henna (200g henna+2cups of cooled green tea+ a lot of honey)
- Poured another glass of Shiraz
I took some pics of my trimmed ends so you guys can get an idea of how much hair I’m talking about. I also took pics of my hair post trim.
I finger combed through my curls, and whenever I felt a snag, which usually occured on the last 1/2 – 1 inch of each curl, I snipped, and moved to the next one.