I am so unfaithful! My PJism has yet again got the best of me with my new found love Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Conditioner. As I mentioned earlier, I saw the commercial, and lost my mind 😀
I used to use Garnier — the Soft Curl Cream was a favorite early on in my natural journey. Since then, I never really paid much attention to Garnier…that commercial must have caught me during a vulnerable moment.
How I used it:
- Got in the shower and wet my hair down as usual. I then sectioned it into two (left and right).
- Applied S&S to both sides in a smooshing motion.
- Passed my head back under the shower stream for a second for better distribution and added slip.
- Clipped the hair up and out of the way.
- Completed my shower rituals.
- Took down the right side and finger detangled a bit — detangling the rest under the water stream. Followed up with the left side.
- Detangling under the stream washed away most of the conditioner, so I added another glob of S&S to each side. I then passed my head back under the shower stream for distribtuion and got out of the shower.
- Made 10 twists- 5 on each side.
- Sealed the ends with Oyin Shine and Define.
- Set on rollers.
- Slept under celing fan for faster drying time.
- Un-twisted in the morn, and fluffed throughout the day.
The results– soft, defined, and shiny hair! The hold is about the same as DevaCare One…much stronger than Oyin’s Honey Hemp, but not as strong as a gel. The frizzies were smoothed out, and hubby stated that “it looks shiny without looking or feeling greasy”. He hates it when my hair is product-y, and the S&S passed the test. I love the results, especially for 5 dollars. Big thanks to Teri for opening my eyes to leaving in rinse-out conditioners! This has changed my life, lol. S&S will definitely be a mainstay in my product rotation.
- Excellent definition
- Light-medium hold
- Light, fresh fragrance
- Easy to distribute- very creamy
- Great slip for detangling (but not as good as Herbal Essence’s Totally Twisted)
- Cheap and readily available!
- Light on moisture- may need to add another product to ends
- That’s all I got!!!
- For frizzy, dry unmanageable hair.
- Smoothes hair for long-lasting frizz control.
- Nutritive Fruit Micro-Oils:
- Vitamins B3 + B6
- Apricot + Avocado Oil
- Acts deep within and on the surface of your hair to strengthen & smooth each strand.
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine System gives long-lasting frizz control, even with moisture in the air.
- Penetrates to improve texture, moisturize, and soften hair.
- Smoothes hair from root to tip.
- Helps tame frizz so hair stays sleek all day.
- Results: The Garnier Sleek & Shine System makes hair 5x stronger, 5x smoother and so much shinier. Garnier Sleek & Shine System of Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Frizz Serum.
- For hair that shines with all its strength
Ingredients: Water – Aqua , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Amodimethicone , Apple Fruit Extract – Pyrus Malus , Fragrance – Parfum , Cetyl Esters , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Methylparaben , Avocado Oil – Persea Gratissima , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCl , Trideceth-12 , Citric Acid , Apricot Kernel Oil – Prunus Armeniaca , Sugar Cane Extract – Saccharum Officinarum , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Cetrimonium Chloride , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Lemon Peel Extract – Citrus Limonum , Camellia Sinensis , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
Run out and get your bottle, and let me know what you think!