Product Description: Honey-Hemp Conditioner is a light, penetrating, silky blend enriched with aloe vera gel, hemp oil, honey, and hydrolyzed silk protein. It’s got nice detangling slip and serious moisturizing power. It rinses cleanly and also makes a nice pre-shampoo deep conditioning treatment. It can even be used as a creamy, nourishing leave-in!
Ingredients: water, organic aloe vera gel, behentremonium methosulfate (emulsifier derived from colza oil) honey, coconut oil, hemp oil, vegetable glycerine, hydrolyzed silk, citrus essences, fragrance, preservative, and love!
Price: 80z for $11 or 16oz for $18
Buy it HERE for the fastest turn around.
My Review: Heaven in a bottle. Literally. Its thin consistency can be quite deceptive — it’s very moisturizing, and a little bit goes a long, long way. Since I can’t get it on the ground I only use it as a leave-in. After detangling with Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted, I rinse 90% of it out, and get out of the shower. I then apply a dime size amount of Honey Hemp to each section of hair (2- left and right), and style as usual. In my experiences, too much gets to be a bit greasy.
I’ve used it alone, and with Oyin’s Shine and Define. Great results both ways! Unlike DevaCare One, the Honey Hemp has ZERO hold. It’s for those ladies that are okay with ‘fluffy’ hair…or poodle hair as my hubby likes to call it. It leaves my hair soft, fluffy and defined. I notice that my hair shrinks a bit more, but I likey 🙂 I initially bought one 16oz bottle…but after a great hair day in NC humidity, I ordered another 2 bottles! It’s considered a light conditioner, but my hair feels great and my ends look excellent. I’ll report back after 2 more weeks– it usually takes my hair 3 weeks to make its final determination.
For now, it will replace my DevaCare One. I know it’s a myth that hair can become acclimated to products, but I feel that the longer I used it, the less effective it became. Honey Hemp is twice as slippery, and the moisture is insane! It will be my staple leave-in for now.
- Slip, slip and more slip! Did I mention slip?! The behentremonium methosulfate is working hard…
- The ingredient list is short and chock full of goodies. The best part is that it doesn’t take a chemist to read it.
- The price is right.
- The thin consistency makes it easy to apply. It soaks in really quick and un-knots the hair effortlessly.
- It smells heavenly.
- Leaves the hair soft, fluffy and residue free.
- Shiny, moisturized hair!
- Not available in brick and mortar stores. I like for my staples to be available down the street.
- Considered a light conditioner so it may be wise to use in conjunction with another conditioner or moisturizing styler such as Shine and Define.
- If you’re protein sensitive, be mindful that it does contain a little bit…toward the end of the ingredient list. It hasn’t bothered me at all.
- No hold.
Consistency: Very light. Thinner than most conditioners, but very easy to apply. It’s not watery, but definitely not a thick cream. I liken it to the consistency of facial moisturizers.
Fragrance: Light and pleasant. Smells sweet like pineapples, or sweet-tarts.
Color: White to off-white…safe for gray haired curlies.