Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie– 8oz/$19
Tui Hair Smoothie is an intense, deep conditioner rich in essential oils and Shea and Cocoa butters that provide moisture and protection to dryness and brittleness. The creamy, nutrient-rich ingredients immediately detangle unruly hair and boost shine.
- Intense, deep conditioner
- New, “bye-bye tangles” recipe
- Rapa Seed Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3 and slips through strands for easy detangling
- Nutrient-rich oils of Olive Fruit and Sunflower seeds boost shine
- Rich Shea and Cocoa butters provide moisture and protect hair from weather damage, dryness and brittleness
- Fragrance cocktail of guava, mango and passion fruit transports you to a tropical island
- Paraben-free, No Petroleum, No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Color
Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, AMODIMETHICONE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BRASSICAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL, PEG-40 CASTRO OIL, POLYSORBATE 20, PRUNUS AMYGDALYS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, ASPARTIC ACID, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, FRAGRANCE, PHENOXYETHANOL (AND) CAPRYLYL GLYCOL (AND) POTASSIUM SORBATE (AND) HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYROSPERMUN PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), THEOBROMA CACAO SEED BUTTER, TETRASODIUM EDTA, SIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE.
My Experience: I ADORE the fragrance– passion fruit and mango. The ingredients are almost the same as the Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie, and thus it produces similar results. It has mediocre slip, but excellent moisture. I’m not a fan of the cyclo cone halfway down the list, or the plethora of other hard to pronounce ingredients.
I used the Smoothie as intended– as a deep conditioning treatment. It went on a bit rough, similar to the BVHS, but in the end, left my hair soft, supple, and full of moisture. This is NOT a detangling conditioner, and if you choose to experiment with this product, I highly rec’ detangling prior to using it.
Bottom Line: Great moisturizing deep conditioner, but at 19 dollars, I probably won’t repurchase.