you get in the shower to tackle what seems like Mission Impossible, only to find that your bottle of Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (TT) is nearly empty. I realized tonight that no other conditioner in my arsenal provides the detangling miracles that TT can. Generic Value Paul Mitchell the Detangler is a close second, and is actually what I had to use to supplement the smidgen of TT I had left. So from this rambling comes three tips:
1. Take regular stock of your inventory. Buy your cheapie favs on sell, and buy them in bulk!
2. Hide your most coveted products from your sticky fingered significant others! My husband uses any and everything I place in the shower…and lots of it too. Tonight, I found my DevaCurl Set it Free sitting on the shower floor–I knew he had it because I keep it under the sink! Hide your goodies ladies, lol.
3. When the bottle is nearly empty, add some hot water from the shower to it, shake, and apply the watery concoction to your thirsty locks. In all honesty, even my favorite conditioners (Herbal Essence included) are improved upon with a little water. But only add water when the conditioner is nearly gone…unless you plan to refigerate it. Click HERE to see why.
In other randomness:
1. Am I a loser for watching Ghost Whisperer? I had never seen it until WE started showing episodes. The plot is super basic, and Jennifer Love Hewitt is an awful actress, but the ghosts keep sucking me in. I love a good ghost story..so cheesy, I know. Medium is still my fav though.
2. Housewives, The Office, and Community (luke warm on that one) are on tonight…Thursday is my favorite TV night! Except for Friday when Monk and Psych come on 🙂 It’s the little things that make me happy…lol.
3. One of you recently asked (in the comments of a post) where I purchase my shea from. Well luckily, I haven’t had to buy shea for more than 8 months because my tub is like the Energizer Bunny. I’ve tried quite a few, but my fav (in terms of consistency, and workability) is Afrikan Republic from Sistasplace (scroll down until you see a blue jar). You get 16oz for 12 dollars.
4. Submit your Friday’s Challenge tonight!!!!
If you're a loser for watching Ghost Whisperer, then that makes the two of us. 🙂
I just have to say how much i freaken love the office- i am thursday night avid tv watcher too and its not complete w/o the office
shea butter definitely last forever, i like that sistaplace and the mesh soap saver is a good idea…yes please dish on the CATNIP so i can take notes…im still doin research on henna for my natural journal…
OMG!!! Did ya'll see The Office. Classic episode. I laughed until I cried. Seriously!
I used DevaOne and Shea butter (throughout, instead of just on the ends) to style last night. My hair is heavier…longer, and less big, but it feels very moisturized!
Another Community (and Office) lover here! There were definitely plenty of awww inducing moments last night (as well as the cringe inducing moments)!
I totally agree with not letting your SO near your stash. The only conditioner I leave in the bathroom is the 99cent Suave naturals and my bf has already gone through half the bottle. When he started using my expensive moisturizing body wash, I had to buy him some cheap stuff of his own! Also, if you buy stuff that smells girls, they're much less likely to use it!
I just wanted to say that Medium is my favorite show too!
First of all Happy Birthday CN and congratulations on your much success!!! I have a questions for you and/or your readers, does anyone have any experience with and can give suggestions on how to use CATNIP?? I've heard so much about it and I bought the liquid form from the Vitamin Shoppe but I'm not quite sure how I should mix it. Thank in advance for the help!!
Your faithfull readers have bought up all the Shea Butter, arghhhhhhh!!!! Thanks for the recommendation. Winter is here with a vengance and this transitioner need uber moisture and shea is the stuff!
I love Community. The Asian comedian that's on the show is so hilarious to me. He was in The Hangover and Knocked Up.
thats a good point, my husband also plans to buy me a case load of HE. The store on base is always, always, sold out of the Totally Twisted.
It's a major seller here. I ended up buying it at the drug store which it cost way more, dang.
I just finished watching Housewives of Atlanta too. I'm too tired to stay awake to watch Wendy Williams, so I'll catch it in the morning, I like being able to fast forward over the commercials anyway. Cant wait until 30 Rock returns to t.v., thats my guilty pleasure.
It's a little chilly here tonight, I think a need a cup of tea. peace:)
we love all the same shows!!!! I was just wondering where you go tshea butter from.. thanks for the link!