Natural Hair ‘Big Sisters’

By January 27th, 20219 Comments

Nyla Coils writes:

Natural Hair 'Big Sisters'
Dear Nikki:

First of all, Congratulations on all of your success! The Blog! The Forum! and the Tyra Show!
I have a suggestion based on a situation that I recently experienced. My mom knows that I am a natural hair fanatic! One day while she was at work, my mom noticed that a fellow natural could use some tips. My mom phoned me to ask if I would provide her co-worker with some tips. My mom asked, if she could provide the lady with my number? I gave her the ok. As a result, T, is now my natural little sister. We call each other to swap tips, where we found henna and other styling tips and tools.

The natural journey gets lonely and I suppose, that is why your blog and the forum is so successful. We get to connect with you and so many others on the same road. I was wondering if we could do A Natural Big Sister Thread, on the forum?

Meaning, a transitioner could post that they are looking for a big sister to offer support when they get their BC. Or a TWA’er could post that they want a sister who has been natural for over a year.

This sister would offer support and even show pics of their BC.
I think it would be another success for the Curly Nikki Empire!!

Regards,
Nyla Coils

You curly divas have the best ideas! As always, your wish is my command 🙂 Check out the new forum, and have fun!

• barbercompany.com says:

By the way, can anyone advise a good shampoo for hair growth? My barber recommends me this Reuzel Daily Shampoo – https://barbercompany.com/uk/shampun-dlja-ezhednevnogo-ispolzovanija-reuzel-daily-shampoo-1000-ml/ what do you say about it?

• NewbieNaturalDiva says:

That is a good idea because I look at Nikki as my curly big sister, (even though I am much older than her). 🙂 If it was not for this blog, I would have been in big trouble.

wow , that is a really great idea 🙂

@ God's Natural Hair- Please join the discussion. I will be your big sister! Together we will get you through it! Send me a Pm or post on the page! or you can email me at coilyencounters@gmail.com

Nyla Coils

If there are any naturals living in Minneapolis, MN and need any advise/support let me know.

angelina.barnes@gmail.com

• Tina Beanie says:

Great idea! I know I'll be over there trying to pick up some tips! <3

• God's Natural Hair says:

I agree….I am a transitioner and right now I could totally use some one to bounce ideas off of, get some general advice, shoulder to cry on….it gets rough sometimes. I had my last relaxer August 1 and I can't lie, I was tempted to go back right before I read this.

Nikki- I am loving this idea! There are so many ladies that have already posted looking for their Big Natural Sister!

Nyla Coils

• Nikki Fresh says:

What an unbelievably great idea! I wish I had someone to converse with about my hair issues…lol :0) I don't know ANYONE personally who is natural.