I loved Lynnieluve’s avatar pic so much, I asked her to create a quick tutorial for us!
This hair style is very quick and easy to do!
What you’ll need:
- Shea Butter Mix (scented shea butter (winner, winner chicken dinner)castor oil, EVOO, EVCOvitamin E oil))
- Before bed, I put my hair in medium/large two strand twists.
- The next morning, I untwist….no fluffing or separating yet.
- Next, I part my hair from ear to ear.
- Then I part a small triangle shape in the top. I start from where I usually make my side part but instead of going straight back, I part on an angle. I hope that makes sense.
- You should have three sections of hair in the front. I pin down the sides, leaving only the top section free.
- I make a center part in the top section and two strand flat twist each side.
- I then flat twist the side sections.
- Lastly, I fluff out the back as big as I can with disturbing the curl pattern and creating frizz. Voila!!
Yours looks great! I love it! I can't wait my natural hair grows, so I can have enough twist in medium or large one.
I'm gonna have to try this one.
Love this hairstyle!! Saving this for when my hair gets long enough to manipulate it like this.
Great Job Lynn!! I am looking forward to more tutorials!!
Thanks for the tutorial Lynnieluve! Creative styling at its best.
I tried this hairstyle last weekend and will be doing it again for cousin's pinning ceremony from nursing school.
I flat twist and pick it all out for my curly fro.
Love this style, definitely will try.
I'm really digging this hairstyle, i will definitely have to try it. I have 4b/c hair that is very coarse and thick, it's been known to break a brush or even the hair clips while detangling.lol….. On a side note to the other women on here, did any of you have any problem with trying to wash your hair out after using curly pudding and curly buttercreme. My hair felt so dry even after washing it twice in the shower, i did return the cp because of the dryness but i do like the cb. But i will give a break since i just used it 2wks ago. Is there a certain shampoo or conditioner that i should use? I did the V05 tea clarifying shampoo n conditioner on it, suave humetanct, ors bottle to let it soak and softern hair. But in the shower trying to detangle my hair felt like it was drying it more so while under the water. All i can is be leary of Miss Jessie's products that beewax,petrolauem, mineral oil are nothing to kid about.
Thanks Beads, Braids, Beyond (NikG). I am terrible at giving directions and instructions.
@ Curly Gigi – I will be 9 months natural on Mother's Day (May 9th)
Love it! I don't find the directions confusing at all.
She parts a triangle part ontop, then she pins down the sides (that are left out of the triangle) then she makes a straight part right in the middle of the triangle, then flat twists each side of the triangle section, then she unpins the sides and flat twists those too, and fluffs.
Okay, that either helped or hurt. Hopefully it helped. Anyway great job Lynnie!
I love this style…thanks for the instructions.
It's really pretty, but the directions are really confusing
Great job lynnie!!!
That is very very cute and I was waiting for this because I was read the forums… Very cute Lynnieluve!!!!
So cute! I'm definitely going to try this
Love, love, love this hairstyle! It looks so beautiful and classy. I just started wearing the flat twist but I only have 5 months of new growth. Lynne, How many months of natural hair do you have? You look beautiful.