Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

By January 27th, 202111 Comments

Hola chicas!

It’s that time again! The images below are of CN readers at their flyyest…at work, on the town, and with the fam. Showing us all that natural hair is not a fad, it’s a way of life…an extension of our beauty!
Click on the images to enlarge them:

Andrea
My daughter and I on our way to our family reunion. I’m wearing a twist-out and my daughter Akilah is wearing twists. Everyone loved our hair! I think that was the best twist-out I’ve had so far!Show and Tell- Fierce FridaysAlign Center

Tara
I set my hair in two strand twists, shown here five days later and still defined curls! Thanks to CurlyNikki.com ๐Ÿ™‚
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Nia (dstdva)

Hi CN! Here I am going to the Ladies of Athena Fitness and Nutrition gathering with my twist out. I love hair flowers and headbands, so I’m rarely without them!
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Linda

My fiancรฉ is an amateur photographer and he snapped this pic of me in my condo. I henna my hair every 4 – 6 weeks and the style is a curly twist out. I spritzed my hair with aloe vera gel and water, applied Qhemet’s Amla Heavy Cream moisturizer and sealed with castor oil. I then twisted my hair rolled it up with flex rods slept on it overnight (on a satin pillowcase) fluffed and separated in the morning.
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Neesh
I was at my Nana’s house getting ready to hit Manhattan. I’m sporting bantu knot outs. I did this on dry hair and applied a little cantu shea butter to my hair and let it air dry. I love my natural hair!
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays
Nikki
My last perm was in October 2009 and I’ve been transitioning ever since.
This is a picture of me before going out on a date with my boyfriend. He’s been encouraging me to go natural for the full four years we’ve been dating and I’m glad I finally took the plunge. He’s been very supportive.
I did a braid out with a mix of 100% Shea butter, veggie glycerin, water, and lavender essential oil. I added the cute flower because, well, it was a date! This is my signature style as I go through my transition.Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Keisha
I think I’ve finally found a routine that works! I just hennaed yesterday (using your technique, thanks!), DT’ed with Carol’s Daughter Hair Smoothie and conditioner washed with Suave Almond & Shea Butter (LOVE IT). Since I was going to meet the husband and wanted to look cute, I raked in Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. This is actually 2nd day hair…all I did this morning was fluff and go!
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Tawra

I LOOOOOVE being natural, did a big chop at my hubby’s prompting in 1995 and haven’t looked back since. It’s been a journey but I’m enjoying my hair more than I ever did when it was relaxed. The best thing about this is now my 70-year old beautiful Mom is going natural too! ๐Ÿ™‚
My hubby took this picture of me in NYC on our way to see Fela on Broadway. Proud to say the bag I’m rocking was designed and made by yours truly.
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Cynthia
First let me say that I love your blog, and read it daily! I snapped this photo of myself when I came in from a gig singing with my jazz band. I was pleased at how well my three strand twist out held out after four sets of big band dance music! I used Giovanni Direct Leave-In and Afroveda Shea Amla on my twists…
Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

Sylb3
On my way to church. This is after a twist out. I washed and conditioned/detangled with Pantene for Natural & Relaxed Hair (brown bottles) and used IC leave in conditioner, twisted & let air dry.Show and Tell- Fierce Fridays

**If you don’t see yourself today, rest assured that you’ll be up in the coming weeks! I post in the order I receive them!**

**To submit**:

Send in your favorite picture with a caption detailing where you were (or where you were headed to), along with a brief description of your hairstyle, to nikki@curlynikki.com. I’ll post several each Friday. Be sure to use ‘Fierce Friday’ as the subject line!
We need more for next week!

• NKarmstrong23 says:

Very nice!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Erika says:

This is Erika i fogot to put my name on it when I replied back for Neeesh concerning Flaxseed Gel

Well I used 1 cup of water and used Cold-Milled Organic Ground Flaxseed ($8.00)in the 16oz from the vitamin section in walmart. Walgreens sells this as well I actually meant to get just the flaxseeds themeselves. But realized that it was the ground one instead, but it still did the job.lol…

1cup water
    3tablespoons flaxseeds

Let it boil on high until u get a nice foamy like white mixture up top and then turn the temp. to med. and constantly stir for about 10 mins or so. Depending on your batch if you want it more thick let it simmer more, or if you want it less thick add more water. Now it will have a snot like look and feel to it so don't be scared lol. Get a good strainer, or if you have a pair of knee highs you u can pour the seeds into it and use metals tools to squeeze the liquid thru into a bowl.

Once you have done this you can add Essentil Oils of your choice … I added to mine Grapefruit Oil (10 drops) and Tea Tree Oil(2drops) and 1 table of FOTE Aloe Vera Gel or whatever aloe brand that you use. Stir this together and put into the referigerator to keep fresh. Before you use if you're not feeling the coldness on your hair before twisting let it sit out for 5 to 8 mins and then use. Your twists will have a good hold and shine to them. Also check out on Youtube Naptural85 she has a video on hers as well so that you can see it being perform. Well hope that this helps, sorry that it's so long..lol

• JazBNatural says:

i love her(Cynthia's) three strand twist out! I would love to see a tutorial on that! =]

Everyone looks gorgeous. Andrea your daughter is so cute!

Kim Anderson, I say the same thing. Glad I'm not the only one. LOL

• Neeesh says:

@erika

thank you! Flax seed gel? please share lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Tawra, your hair is gorgeous!!!

• Erika says:

Wow everyone hair came out really gorgeous, and the curl definition from just twisting/bantu knots is wonderful. I finally made a batch of Flaxseed Gel this week, and my curls have been rocking for sure. Normally i would have to leave my twists in for at least 4 days for the desired style. But overnight with the flaxseed gel, and my kicks are amazing.

Again everyone you look all amazing, and keep up all the good work. Also the flower accessories I like as well, I have 2 myself in red and orange with featherly like things attached to it. Well everyone have a good weekend.

• Kim Anderson says:

Very cute can't wait for my TWA to grow out…on another note I want you to know I OC check every day morning, noon, and night saying "Today's the day she goes into labor I'll bet" I need a life LOL! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Neesh says: