These are pretty easy styles to do. One is an updo the other is a ponytail with a twist, but both are achieved with a similar routine:
- Co-wash with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration then deep condition using Shea Moisture and regular Shea Butter.
- Sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse, comb hair and section it into eight parts.
- Add a bit of olive oil and Elasta QP with Olive Oil Gel smoothing as you go.
- Sit under the dryer again to speed up the drying process for about 30 minutes.
- Take bobby pins and pin pieces of hair away from face– wherever it looks good!
- Lastly use the QP Styling gel to smooth edges.
To achieve the puff, I twisted the front of my hair, then pulled it towards the back and secured with bobby pins. I cut a stocking and used that to gather my hair up into the ponytail/puff.
These styles usually last me about two weeks and if it does mess up I just re-wet and smooth with my fingers and the curls are popping again!