by GG of Peace, Love and Pretty Things
By rich, I mean in love and happiness, and by quick I mean it takes some time. I got your attention though, right? Hear me out. Once you start changing your thoughts to believe there is enough love and success to go around in this world, your realities will change drastically and you will become rich. I’ve been working on this for a long time, and like any other change, this can’t happen overnight. When I think back, however, I realize that I’ve changed drastically. Even as a “positive person”, most of my thoughts were centered on lack. We can change this pattern if we make up our minds to do so – it starts with the littlest things.
1. Start and end the day with gratitude. Many of us were raised to pray daily. But how were we taught to pray? I can remember always praying for things. I would give thanks, but I was always praying for God to intervene and fix something. However you choose to center yourself and connect with Spirit, whether it’s prayer or other methods, be sure to focus your energy on gratitude for everything that is going on in your life. Be thankful for the awareness that everything that happens is natural and beneficial. Pray for strength and peace no matter what situations evolve.
2. Manage jealousy and competitiveness. There is enough love to go around. I think I should say that again – there is enough love to go around. Instead of feeling jealous of someone else’s success, be motivated by it. Convert any negative energy into positive energy by giving compliments and supporting those who are doing what you want to do. If you are waiting to meet that special someone, and it seems that everyone around you is coupling up and getting married, don’t let those yucky feelings get the best of you. Be patient and faithful, believing that this is just one aspect of your life and the best thing you can do to attract someone special to work on yourself. Jealousy will create bitterness inside of you, which won’t attract anything good!
3. Trust that you have all the money you need. This is a tough one. We all want more money, don’t we? Until we learn to manage and appreciate what we have, we will not successfully gain and MAINTAIN more. I’ve struggled with money management for most of my adult life, and have just started cleaning things up in the last couple years. I would spend money as if it was literally going to run away from me if I didn’t hurry up and spend it. This comes from a mentality focused on lack. When we adopt a mentality of abundance, we always have enough and we create the space to have more. Try it and see for yourself.
4. Make your dream your most habitual thought. Instead of your thoughts centering around unpaid bills, loneliness, an unfulfilling job – think about the life that you want. Think about it all the time. See it. Dream it. Feel it. Imagine how it will feel to make your dreams become reality. You may not know how it will happen exactly, but you should spend ample time thinking about why this is the life you want to lead and use these thoughts as motivation. Take steps in the right direction and don’t give up. This is the determined path of winners – they work through their fear of failure and believe in their dreams religiously.
5. Learn to be a giver. Even when you think that you have nothing left, give. Whether it’s your time, a kind word, or a sympathetic ear. Learning to give will set you up to be ready and worthy to receive. When we cling to ourselves and our things, we are once again embracing the idea of lack. Don’t listen to the messages that dominate this world and tell us that there is not enough and we must cling to our own. When we give our time and our energy to each other, we create a cycle of generosity that gets bigger and bigger as more of us adopt this philosophy. When you think of yourself as rich, and you give as though you were rich, you will receive in kind.
“When your mind is an abundance of ideas, when your hearing is an abundance of love, when your life is an abundance of good people doing good things with and for you, you are rich beyond words. Abundance begins in mind, extends to deeds and brings rewards you can bank on even if you cannot put them in the bank.” – author unknown
I’m doing an all call for inspirational quotes, videos, short blogs, and articles that relate to improving self-esteem, and developing a positive body image and sense of self. We’re calling it Self-Concept Thursdays! Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org using Self-Esteem as the subject line.
***In the meantime, leave your Positive Affirmations below!***