Gingered Cranberry-Orange Relish
This week’s recipe adds a citrus twists to a holiday classic. This sauce is low fat, low calorie, low sodium, full of vitamins and minerals. Best of all this easy recipe requires NO cooking and takes about 20 minutes to prepare. This recipe makes 1½ cups of relish.
Diabetes appropriate, low calorie, low cholesterol, low saturated fat, heart healthy, healthy weight management, gluten free.
1½ cup(s) cranberries, fresh
1 medium orange, navel, washed, unpeeled and cut into chunks.
¼ cup sugar or low/no calorie sweetener
¼ cup chopped crystallized ginger.
1. Put orange piece (with skin) into a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add cranberries, sugar and ginger. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and chill.
1. If the full flavor from using the entire orange peel is too strong, add some fresh orange zest instead. You can remove the orange peel and white pith before cutting the orange in chunks.
2. To add a different spin, try adding chipped cilantro or mint and minced jalapeno pepper.
3. This recipe can be made up to three days ahead.
4. This is also a great spread for left over turkey sandwiches or as a topping for roast pork or chicken.
Calories 19; Fat 0g; Carbohydrates 5g; Protein 0g; Sodium 1mg; Potassium 15mg.
The Most Ridiculous, Absurd and Just Plain Craziest Diets of 2010
It seems like every year there is a new diet fad hitting the market. This year was no exception. Brandi Koskie from Diets In Review examines some of this years most over the top diets. You wouldn’t believe some of the diets that made the list. Its even stranger that people have actually tried theses. Check out the article below and see how the experts weigh in.
A quick note: I DO NOT support or endorse ANY of these diets. I am not a registered dietitian or physician nor am I trying to diagnose or prescribe anyone these or any diets. A physician should be consulted before starting a new diet or exercise program . The information presented here is simply for the purpose of awareness and maybe a good laugh. Remember if it’s too good to be true, it probably is!
Happy Holiday’s Everyone!!!