“Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.” Do you agree? While I’m quite aware of how blessed I am, and I give thanks everyday; I still manage to find things to complain about. Consider the following ways to start appreciating more and complaining less.
1. Write it down. Stop looking for what’s wrong and look for what’s right. Seeing a visual list of all your blessings will help you put things into perspective. Focusing on all that is golden in your life will only bring about more positive things.
2. Remember that everything is temporary. When you tell yourself that you’ll be happy when this happens or that happens, you are robbing yourself of the moment. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.
3. Live simply. Learn to distinguish wants from needs. Our generation is so programmed to base our worth on our possessions. Detaching ourselves from material things will make us happier. Do you have your things or do your things have you?
4. Give yourself permission. Set boundaries. Be guilt-free. Turn off your phone when you want. Say No. Change careers. Take a trip. Try and fail and try again. Start a relationship or end one. Challenge stereotypes. Make your own rules. Joyfully take responsibility for your own happiness.
5. Remember that you are living someone else’s dream. You might think that things could be better. But they could also be worse. There are many people in the world who would gladly trade places with you.
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ~Epictetus
Love it all, especially #4. I gave myself permission to mail resumes.
Ok I really needed to hear #4. Thank you!
"Remember that everything is temporary" So TRUE!! Thanks for this list.
I like to remember this when something bad is happening AND when something good happens. That way, it allows me to fully enjoy the good moment while it is happening. It also helps to get past the horror of the bad moment. It's easier said than done, but I guess it works, cuz' Im still standing and smiling. LOL
Umm I am so posting the link to this to my Facebook page! Others need to read this! Thank you for sharing this wonderful insight! I love it, and needed this so bad right about now!
I have become the very thing I cannot stand – a complainer! I love this and needed it today! Thank you so much for sharing.
Well said! Thanks for sharing.
I was praying about this today.
God help me to live in the moment and to truly appreciate all You've done for me. Amen!
Thank you for this…I KNOW I'm on the right track! 😉
I LOVEE THIS, you are always so inspiring. I love reading what you write keep it up be blessed! 🙂
Wow. I definitely needed to read this today!
TRUF! Especially, Remember that you are living someone else's dream!
Wow! I love these!! I just copied/pasted the whole posting to place on my desk as a daily reminder. Good article!!