Hey lovies!!! So, a lot of people have been asking me where I order my products from. Well, I have been attempting to get more stuff on the ground (I’m sure my UPS man misses me – hey boo), but as a hardcore shopper, I take pride in ordering from places and getting deals – pay retail AND full shipping? Chile, bye! I need some kind of lure to tickle my fancy. So, here are my fave places to buy products from – oh, and these are not company sites – one of the best things about ordering from a third party retailer is that you don’t have to wait for them to make your products!!!
1. AveYou: I order my Curl Junkie from here unless CJ is having a sale…they have $1 shipping on orders over $50, their flat rate shipping is about $5, and there is ALWAYS a coupon code. I believe the code “five” is still good for 15% off and “aveyou1575″ takes $15 off orders of $75 or more. They carry other brands like Devacurl and Curly Hair Solutions, but otherwise the curl friendly brands are pretty meh. BUT since Curl Junkie is one of my staple brands, I stay shopping there to stock up! If you only order one thing they usually ship via USPS and you’ll get your stuff in a couple of days, but with a bigger order they do UPS and it takes about a week for me (but it’s going across the country).
2. CurlMart: Obviously, CurlMart is a curly headed mecca when it comes to online ordering. There is pretty much always a code for 15% off (at the moment nikki15 from Curly Nikki comes to mind), and flat rate shipping is $8. Because they have a lot of orders though, it may take a few days for your stuff to be shipped. A ton of popular brands are sold at CurlMart, like Kinky Curly, Curl Junkie, Oyin, Elucence, Curls, Bee Mine, AG…I could go on! I like using CurlMart when I’m ordering multiple brands at the same time. Also, they have free shipping with orders over $60 (but you can’t combine it with the 15% off, curses!) and often give you free samples with your order.
3. Sage Naturalceuticals: This is a new online shop, but I’ve ordered twice from them and love this place!! You can get Donna Marie, Darcy’s Botanicals, Oyin, Ohm, Karen’s Body Beautiful, Komaza, Curl Junkie, Koils by Nature, and more from this site. Some selections are limited, but if you can find what you want, it’s a great place to stock up on staples because they have free shipping on orders over $65. They ship FAST and wrap all of your products up nicely in bright green tissue (it’s cute, lol). Watch the prices though, because there can be a little bit of mark up (maybe a dollar or two), but I only order when I can get free shipping, so the money I save from that counteracts it.
4. AyurNatural Beauty: AyurNatural Beauty is the place I get all of my ayurvedic herbs from – the prices are extremely reasonable, there’s a large selection, and the shipping is fast. I also get Jamaican Black Castor Oil from this site when I’m stocking up, or my JBCO shampoo. There’s frees shipping on orders over $60 and I believe the 10% discount code still works – NCURL10. A lot of sites selling ayurvedic herbs are a little suspect, but this is one I definitely trust, so I will continue to get my stuff from here.
5. Amazon: Don’t sleep on Amazon! There are a lot of stores that partner with them to offer their free shipping on orders over $25, and there are often discounts (I know DevaCurl is cheaper). You can also get oils, herbs, vitamins, and raw butters from the site. Basically…um…anything. I love Amazon.
Nyenzo Natural Boutique 918 Rock Quarry Raleigh NC 27610. Great prices and lots of products. Use nyenzo410 and save 10%.
Okay ladies, so I purchased some herbs and a cassia hair treatment from AyurNatural Beauty March 2nd, my package got here on March 9th but I didn't get it till the 10th due to UPS being "special" The packaging was neatly done, one of my items was mixed up so I contacted the business and she responded right away. She told me to keep the one she sent by mistake and she'll send the one I ordered rigth away with no extra charge to me at all. I really appreciated how nice and professional she was. She is also fellow CurlyNikki follower, so let's support our fellow curly girl! I will definitely be ordering again!
As a massage therapist, I never in a million years thought to use massage oils for my hair. But it makes perfect sense! I would buy extra massage oil to use after I got out the shower and my skin felt amazing! I am so going to get some oils from massage warehouse and yes it is WAY more affordable than going to the store. OMG I love you for sharing that advice Anonymous March 2, 2011 1:36 PM!
Vitacost.com is a good one and shipping is only $4.95! You can also find coupons online for them.
I love Amazon.com, too! Also, some of you ladies may want to visit Vitacost.com for deals on vitamins, and natural products. Although, they don't sell stuff like Kinky-Curly, they do sell Nature's Gate, Desert Essence, Kiss My Face, and Burt's Bees, for the ladies who like any of those products. Also, you can find shea butter and coconut oil at this online site. The shipping is about $4.95 and the prices are super low, compared to other stores. I do a ton of shopping there and get all my health care products at Vitacost on the cheap!
thank you so much for this post. yes ayurnatural is the ISH when it comes to ayurvedic powders and herbs =)
westNDbeauty could you please what swagbucks are? is that a vendor? lol excuse my slowness
Amazon.com is the best…get a prime membership for $79 a year and get free two-day shipping on pretty much anything you order
Oh you have no idea how much I love you for sharing this information! I ordered from the AyurNatural website. I was happy with the prices and info on their products. Can't wait to get my shipment!
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.
This is a great post and I second the iherb.com recommendation.
I pretty much get my hair products from AMAZON ever since finding out about SWAGBUCKS. I pretty much get everything for FREE. Literally.
I get my JBCO from the beauty supply down the street (brooklyn) but I would love to order some henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com =)
I get my JBCO from the beauty supply down the street (brooklyn), but I would love to order some henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com =)
This is so helpful!!!
P.S. Ladies if you like to DIY the place to order supplies is: texasnaturalsupply.com (referred by moptopmaven). Give shouts out to her, she's really sick (Wilson's disease).
Dear Curly Basin,
Curlmart.com DOES have PAYPAL. I just ordered something from them today
Amazon does have a decent selection of oils and whatnot, but watch out for the shipping costs!
The cost of shipping can come to being equal to the cost of the actual order —NO KIDDING! It's crazy.
So buyer beware.
I could add one or two more… 🙂
BritishCurlies shop for us across the pond! As well as RenaissanceHenna for Ayurvedic treatments and aromantic for oils, butters, containers and loads of info.
if you like Giovanni and oils, try
you can buy in bulk.
and Garden of Wisdom
for a SLEW of natural/organic products and ingredients. This is a great post!
Yall should try hairizonbeauty.com. They have a lot of he well known natural brands, but not too many. The great thing is that they have FREE SHIPPING! I ordered on Presidents Day, and I received my products four days later. They are amazing.
If you live in the Atlanta area, the Sage Naturalceuticals store is in the Castleberry Hill neighborhood.
If you are in the Atlanta area, the Sage Naturalcueticals store is in the Castleberry Hill neighborhood.
AyurNatural Beauty's prices are extremely reasonable and as for the shipping…AMAZING! I ordered my last batch of products on Thursday, my package arrived on Saturday! The customer service is wonderful and the product is superb. I've ordered Jamilia henna, Indigo, Jamaican Black Castor Oil…and many other products from them and will continue to order from them.
This is a great site as well to get your products from.
Yes amazon is awesome for oils and butters. They have everyone you can think of. Love it!
I have to say…the first time I ordered from Curlmart it was without incident and I was happy with my purchase. The second time, one of the containers cracked, spilling the contents all over the rest of the package. I wasn't thrilled. They didn't send a replacement.
Here comes the awwwwful part…two weeks later Curlmart sends me a generic email stating that my financial information had been compromised so I kept a close eye on my credit card statements. Sure enough someone had charged tech/computer equipment to the tune of $370. It took months and alot of back and forth with the credit card company to be credited the money back.
Curlmart was no help. I will never again order from there. I wish they had a Paypal option, I would consider doing business with them again.
don't forget iherb.com
it has the basics like aloe vera gel….coconut oil and alot of other natural products.
What a VERY helpful article. This actually motivates me (a rather impatient and likes instant gratification person) to try online shopping so that my hair can experience all the products and herbs that everyone else is raving about.
I'm a HUGE fan of ayurnatural.com
I get all of my ayurvedic herbs(and Karishma Henna…a fave) from her website. Shipping is fast and customer service is top notch
*le sigh* my checking account is going to hate me for this. lol…thanks for the info!
You are tha bomb..yes tha bomb for posting these sites. I gotta check out AveYou soon. I haven't heard of them until today!
Thanks for the sites! I am big on getting products from amazon. I always find amazing deals there!