CurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair Idol

By January 27th, 202118 Comments

CurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair Idol
CN: How long have you been natural?
It was official on January 16th 2011. It wasn’t at all planned. I had just taken out the remainder of my Senegalese twists, and gotten into the shower to wash and condition. Once I began detangling my hair (out of the shower) I realized “UH OH” what the heck! My hair was matted. I did not detangle before I washed. So I cut a little back piece to see if I liked the textured. Before I knew it… I BC’d!

CurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair Idol
CN: What is your current regimen?
I’ve dibbled and dabbled with products and for now, my regimen is pretty simple (I think):
• Wash/Condition once a week: Trader Joes Tea Tree
• Deep Condition once a week: Aubrey’s Organics
• Maybe co-wash once a week: Trader Joes Tea Tree Conditioner
• Leave-In Conditioner: Leave in from wash Trader Joes & Kinky Curly
• Henna once a month: Mendi From the Indian Store
• Style with my favorites in order: ( Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding & Infinite Organics Oil, or Coconut Oil)

CN: How do you maintain length? Moisture?
I will add some oil (coconut oil) to my hair each night or damped, re-twist, add Miss. Jessie’s Curly Pudding, and a little Coconut Oil. I don’t like a lot of oily feeling to my hair.

CN: How do you protect your curls a night?
Just a simple bonnet or Satin Pillow Case.

CN: What would you tell a new natural, or transitioning diva?
The hair you have while transitioning is not the same as when you BC. I would also say after your hair grows out some (6 months or more) it will change from your initial BC. It will evolve in some sense. The more you take care of your hair, the better results you will get with shine and texture. My hair looks and feels nothing like it did 6 months ago. I’m just looking forward to the next 6 months to come.

CN: What’s the best thing about being naturally glamorous?
To know I have no limits, I can walk into work with my hair all wild and the boss doesn’t say anything bad (he’s my dad). I get more compliments now than I ever did relaxed, my hair is thicker and healthier, and my 3 year son loves to play in it… he’s gonna be a long hair ‘Natural Man’!

CurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair IdolRelaxed

CN: Anything else you want to add?
I think fear is what keeps a lot of people from fulfilling their truest potential in life. Once you don’t care about others view point about you, and allow God to label who you are, that beauty can’t help but to burst through, and your fear will turn into a humbling confidence that so many people will recognize, and it will be more than just your hair they see. That will only be the subject God will use to uplift someone else on a difficult journey in life.

Feel free to connect with me: Fotki: CurlsDivine

CurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair IdolTransitioning 2010

CurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair IdolCurlsDivine- Naturally Glam Hair Idol

Flat Twist-Out 2011

• hairscapades says:

Jazzy Jazz!!!! I meant to comment on your story here the other day, but it's been crazy the last couple of days! I'm so tired!! Burning the candle at both ends! So good to see your story on here! I know you and your hair, your beauty inside and out, the light that shines, will be an inspiration to many!! God bless my new friend=)!!

Shelli

• BlondeByDesire says:

Wow that flat twist out looks great … very defined curls, I love it and the cut.

• CurlsDivine says:

Oh sorry…one more thing @ anoy 12:02, the products I used for this flat twist out are listed under the current regimen in that exact order. You'll have to take out the henna, because I only do that monthly.

• CurlsDivine says:

@ Anony 12:02, My hair texture is very mixed. But to best describe it, it is definitely medium (not fine or coarse), the crown top area is 3b ( very loose curls really long s-curls, the sides in the front has some 4a, but most of my hair is def 3c. It forms an S shape then coils at the end. The 2nd picture is the second day I BC'd, so the texture has changed in the last 6 months. I give most of the credit to the henna. I have been doing henna since August 2010, monthly exactly the way curlynikki does it. I have no specific henna I use, whatever is available at the indian store. My hair does strink really bad, so in these pictures it really doesn't represent how it looks several hours out of the shower. However if you go to my FOTKI-CurlsDivine, I have some really detailed pictures with my curl pattern or you can befriend me on FB and I have a load of pictures there too. My real name is Jasmine Mitchell. I'll definitely do a tutorial, but it will have to be sometime at the beginning of August because I'm getting braids w/extentions tomorrow. Thank you very much for the compliment. It was finally a successful hairdo I really liked.

Hi CurlsDivine,
    I have a question. What is the texture of your hair? It appears to be fine and in the 3 family; however in your second pic it doen't seem like it…no pun intended at all. I'm just trying to be realistic about my hair and see if I could acheive this look.

My hair is 4a,fine,porous,3c at the nape of my neck and thinest almost no curl pattern at all at my crown.

Please do a tutorial on your flat twist and let us know what products your using to get this look. We naturals gots to stick togetherr! lol Who said Natural hair can't look BEAUTIFUL!!!:)

• CurlsDivine says:

Thank you ladies for all the wonderful and inspiring compliments you have given. @ anony 3:15 I am really happy that you heard and saw more than just the hair. @ Brenda 8:15, I said the same thing. I was really mad at myself for going natural earlier. What as I thinking. Thank your for your compliment. @ Anony 9:41, I will follow Him and allow him to use this "Hair Thang" as a ministry. That is the only real thing I desire. Thank you for the encouragement. His hand is on it! @ Keishabradford2006 LOL…I wish my roller sets looked something like this. Your welcome! And to everyone else, when I get another style perfected like this one, you'll see me again. But as far as the style, I'm thinking of doing a tutortial. I just gotta figure out how to do it on youtube. THanks again everyone! You are all beautiful and awesome more than you'll every know!

• keishabradford2006 says:

Your twist out is beautiful. Looks like it was set on rollers. The statement about the hair is not the same when u BC to when u transition is so true. I love my hair now that it is all natural . My texture is totally different. Thanks for your story. 8)

• Nia says:

You hair looks beautiful!

Serve God

• Brenda says:

I hope this is taken out of context because it is meant as a compliment but when I see beautiful hair like this, I always wonder why they ever opted for a relaxer. I guess if you never had it, you wouldn't understand. The natural hair on these photos are just beautiful

• T Momique says:

the shine factor on that twist out is awesome

• keisha says:

beautiful! that's the best looking flat twist out ever!

• ATribitt says:

that comment about your hair evolving over time is one so true!!!

Great story and thanks for sharing your pictures as well. Your last comment really resonated with me. When I decided to stop relaxing 2 years ago, I was determined but fearful of the unknown. Now I can say that God provided all the means of support that I needed. And you're right, because now I've become the support for a coworker who has transitioned.

Blessings to you!

Beautiful Hair!!!! I love your flat twist out set. How many flat twists did you do to have such a defined set?

• Pecancurls says:

That flat twist out is smokin'!!! I have failed so many times at my flat twist out, but like anon @ 3:41, I will keep trying. Even when my stylist does it, I botch things up when I try to retwist at night 🙂

I was getting frustrated with my flat twist-out but your pictures have encouraged me to try again! Your hair is beautiful!!! And so are your words, so what I needed to hear today 🙂

• Aishah says:

Just perfected my twist out. Guess I'll have to work on perfecting my flat twist out because those bottom 2 pics are FABULOUS!