It’s Getting Real in the Whole Foods Parking Lot!

By January 27th, 202114 Comments

Jeanine writes;

I love Trader Joe’s shampoos and conditioners. They don’t have much selection but that keeps me from getting overwhelmed. I also appreciate that their products are natural and a great value. I recently started going to Whole Foods for oils for my homemade mixes, and discovered the treasure trove of hair products! I don’t even know where to begin. I’m excited about all the new lines but need some help. My question is, which products are worth trying? What is the CurlyNikki community readers loving at WFs?

CN Says;

I *heart* Whole Check! But I must admit that due to the now excellent selection at stores like Tarjay and Walgreens, I only stop by once in a blue moon. However, I’ve had success with a few brands of conditioners- – Desert Essence, Nature’s Gate, 365 Value, and Jane Carter. A word of caution, just because it’s at Whole Foods doesn’t mean it’s ‘organic’ or ‘all natural’. No matter what the label claims, read the ingredient list and make a determination from there. I personally don’t use all organic products, but I know some folks are sticklers for that.

For a Wednesday laugh, check out this video. I posted it on FB a while back. Hilarious.

• Carla says:

I don't think Whole Foods, ever touted itself as being "all organic". They are a gourmet food store at best (though I do shop there a lot – live within 2.5 square miles of *3* locations!). When it comes to hair products, I usually buy Aubrey Organic, Kiss My Face, oils, and a few other brands when its on sale. When it comes to groceries, I stick to meats and fish when its on sale, their 365 brand (cheaper than a lot of conventional stores) and save most of the other items for other local stores and farmers markets

• mothereartha says:

that video was funny and true…

ahahahaha Whole Foods IS pricey. It's true "$80 for 6 itmes" for real lol….Abby's is a less pricey whole foods store, And I found my Aubrey's conditioner cheaper at Vitamin Discount go figure!

• Bree says:

hahaha that was hilarious! I've yet to check out whole foods, but I think I might now 😉

artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

This is right on time!! I was just at Whole Foods this afternoon. TOO FUNNY!! For products I personally like the Aubrey's Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, Giovanni Tea Tree or Smooth As Silk condish, or J/A/S/O/N Aloe Vera Condish. They're kind of expensive at WF and can probably be found cheaper elsewhere. I usually only buy it them at WF if I'm already there for other stuff.

For all of you ladies that shop at Whole Foods for Aubrey's, Dessert Essence, Giovanni, or Kiss My Face, you can purchase all of those products online for much cheaper at Vitacost.com! I can get way more for my money there! Also, the shipping and handling is no more than $5 and it's free if your total purchase adds up to $49 or more!

LOL @ $80 for 6 items! Geez! Ain't that the truth! I cannot afford to shop at Whole Foods! LMAO!!! Funny video!

• MelMelBee says:

HAHAHAHA!!!! Too funny! I'm mad he said let me pay $80 for my 6 items…LOL! So true!

Tahlia Waajid's protective bodifying mist is a MUST HAVE for my dry hair!!

Kinky Curly
    Aubrey Organics
    Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel
    Alaffia has a great shea curl cream, if you can get past the smell… some curlies like it though
    They also sell Jane Carter and J/A/S/O/N

and even though i don't use them, some naturals go there for Dr. Bonner's, Avalon Organics, and Andalou. i say for it. be wary that some stuff isn't certified organic, whether or not you care about that, but know that you can return stuff if you don't like it for your money back.

I definitely LOVE Kinky Curly the whole line is AWESOME

everything in whole foods is definitely NOT created organic! when i was researching henna, i decided to check whole foods to see if they carried any. i came across several boxes of "blond" "brunette" "brown" and "red" henna…all full of chemicals and other ingredients. definitely not good for anyone looking to try henna for the first time. read your labels!

• CazRae says:

i prefer the response:

i only go to whole "paycheck" for aubrey's conditioners, which in the desert that is salt lake, are necessities. everything else i get at the local kroger-chain, which has a nice organic section that awards me fuel rewards… which i use for summer-monthly hair braiding.

keep it real with the two-buck chuck!

That video was hella funny! About the products, I've only picked up oils from WF.