The Winners are;
I enjoyed reading through the comments, but Tomi-Chan takes home an honorable mention for most creative. In response to ‘how would you use the oil?’ this curly shares,
I’m going to rub it all over Idris Elba…. when I find him, haha.Stay tuned for more spontaneous giveaways in the coming days… I’m clearing out my stash!
Congrats to the winners! Get me your contact info ASAP!*********************************************************
Yesterday, you read the ode to my new(est) boo, argan oil, and we established that while it rocks our socks, it also breaks the bank.
Wouldn’t it be cool to try it without having to sell a kidney?
The folks at Treasured Locks read my ode too and are now donating five 4oz bottles of their African Argan Oil Elixir to the CN community! I’m a huge fan of their unscented version… it was my first foray into this wonder oil.
Tomorrow at 5pm est, I’ll randomly choose 5 lucky curlies to win the goods. The announcement will be made shortly thereafter!
Argan oil is naturally beneficial for both hair and skin, which is why it has been used by the Berber women for centuries. Argan oil naturally contains essential fatty acids that hair and skin drink up as nourishment making them more elastic and healthier.
Now, Argan oil, extracted from the nuts of the Argan tree in Morocco is becoming all the rage. Several years ago, Treasured Locks discovered the health and beauty benefits of the shea nut, from which we get shea butter and shea oil. This beauty secret from Africa made its way to America after hundreds of years use in the Mother Land. Just as when shea became embraced by the costmetic community, there are people taking advantage of the reputation of argan oil by putting a dab here and there in their products. We encourage you to compare the label of our African Argan Oil Elixir to any other Argan Oil product on the market. You’ll find the number one ingredient in our elixir is Argan oil. Not only that, it is 100% certified organic Argan oil. We have combined the Argan oil with other natural plant oils also known for their healing properties for hair and skin. Lastly, we add a dash of natural lavender and vanilla oils to provide a warm, soothing fragrance that makes your hair smell absolutely wonderful.
- Argan Oil
- Smooths hair and gently relaxes curliness
- Argan oil penetrates into the hair pores or shafts and enhances the elasticity of hair which prevents breakage
- The omega 3 and omega 9 essential fatty acids nourish the hair and scalp providing faster growth
- Helps control hard to manage hair
- Repairs damage from chemical treatments and excessive heat from straightening combs, blow dryers and flat irons
- Jojoba Oil
- Jojoba oil is very similar to the natural sebum produced by the glands in your scalp. African-America hair is often dry because this sebum cannot easily work its way up the kinky hair shaft.
- Acts as a 100% natural hair conditioner
- Prevents splits, tangles and hair breakage
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Sweet Almond oil has been used since the time of the ancient Romans.
- Light pale yellow oil
- Reduces flakiness, dryness, scaling and itch of scalp
- Castor Oil
- Naturally produced vegetable oil
- Acts an an emollient (softens hair and skin)
- By sealing the cuticle it makes hair smoother and helps the hair hold moisture
- Natural humectant (attracts moisture to the hair)
- Lavender and Vanilla EO Blend
- Warm soothing fragrance
- Refreshes natural hair