By January 27th, 202127 Comments

Hola Chicas,

So we’re having stupid good times over here and I just had to share some of the pics.

I woke up this morning feeling as if I’d been drugged. Saturday night was the CurlyNikki event, my husband’s 10 year class reunion, AND the CurlyNikki After Party. Can we say, marathon? Yesterday, we had to get back up, bright and early, and head out for his Graduation celebration… ate way too much and I’m about to get up and go search for leftovers now!

CN Event!

Jon Jon!

My uncle and mother

Syl and Auntie!

After Party fun!!!!
Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!Yep…

Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!

the lovely Aubree/PJ and Syl!

Cheers!

Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!

Hubby’s BBQ Celebration! He’s a docta!

Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!

The lovely Taneica (and handsome hubby Jeff) of the Glass Dolls!

Boog Crossing!

Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!

check out my little cousin’s hair. Nuts, right?!

Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!

This couple, the Malones, wed the same month as us 3 years ago and we had our daughters within one day of each other!

Fun Times in St. Louis- Check out the view!

About the hair– I washed and styled my hair on the evening of July 31st. I set my soaking wet hair on 35 or so CurlFormers (using Salerm 21 leave-in and Argan/Castor oil) to stretch it out and the next morning removed the curlers and made 10-11 chunky twists using a little Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. I wore the twists all that week, and finally, the night before the CN event on Saturday, re-moisturized with the Ghee and set the ends on skinny flexi-rods. The next morning I removed the rollers, took down the twists, and applied a thin layer of Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade.

It was humid as hell, and my hair held up well, even after the quick ride in the drop top! It lost all semblance of a Twist-n-Curl after spending an hour with hubby, OUTSIDE, at his class reunion. I then proceeded to rock a curly fro to the After Party… we had too much fun. Didn’t get home until 3am… after a stop at White Castles.

The next morning (no hangover, aren’t you proud?!), for the picnic, my hair was jacked, so I pulled it back into a cute, care-free puff. I plan to detangle and re-twist in the next couple of hours.

About the look– I like to think of outfits in terms of themes. Hubby had the idea that I should rock out like Kanye (LOVE him)… all white, with a gold chain. I did just that! I ordered the T-shirt, belt, and capris from Express, and borrowed the chain/giraffe head from a friend. She bought it in Dubai! The shoes… the shoes. LAWDY! I have an event in LA next weekend and you best believe them Lous will be blessing my feet that night too!

With the bronze/gold studded Christian Lous in mind, what should the rest of the fit look like? I’m thinking purple should be in there somewhere…

KANYE WEST FANS STAND UP!!!!!

• bb says:

I just feel like the other people are preventing this from being a post JUST about Boogie, which is what we all want anyway…
    Isn't she pretty! OMG I love her! She makes me want a baby, but not to keep ^_^

• Terri says:

Nikki!! Don't be ashamed of the skinny legs! I am like u and have been my whole life…. and not always confident about it. But, now, at 38, I look fabulous and so do you!! Embrace your slim frame girl and do your thang. You look amazing!

Nikki… I think you should find some of those cute denim straight leg bermuda length shorts (they look super cute on thin legs), an off the shoulder top and throw some gold and red and maybe some sparkly bangles on and rock it. Maybe I'll sport my purple Loubies and join ya! But them suckas are hella high!!! I'mma need a place to sit and try to look cute 😉
    See you when you get here

-It'sJustGia

I think you should rock a purple jumpsuit with a plunging (not too plunging) neckline. That's just me those shoes and a jumpsuit would look hot.

• Jo Somebody says:

Gia. What a sweetie!

Nikki, YOU LOOK LIKE A MODEL!!!

Gorgeous look Nikki!

Definitely a dress. You might think that your legs look thin, but depending on the cut and style that could be camouflaged. I'm a dress and flip flop kind of girl, but I know you need to dress up, so casual won't do.

Anyway, congrats to the new doctor (in the house). I'm sure he's relieved! I'm tightening up some things and defending in the fall, so woot woot.

• Kenya says:

Nikki, i love the pics! I agree w/ Tianna. I love wearing dresses & rompers….we are the exact opposite. I can't stand wearing pants, but i bear it & wear them a few times a year. However, if you must wear jeans you could go with a stonewashed/light jeans (summery) & a pretty lilac shirt. Red would also go great w/ the pumps or you could jazz it up & wear black. With those shoes you have so many possibilities.

• CURLYNIKKI says:

!!! Thanks ladies! I was pretty proud of that one.

Thanks for the white jeans tip, Nikki!

• Kimberly says:

Nikki, your a doll!! I see where G-Boogie gets it from. Giiiiirl, you can rock a dress with those bad a** Lou's!!! You have the shape for it! I'm thinking a form fitting dress. The tighter the dress the bigger your legs will look 🙂 You can definitely pull it off! 😉

Nikki you rocked that hair, the ensemble and the shoes! I loved the accent medallion too. Werrrkkkk!

• CURLYNIKKI says:

okay so those jeans were skin tight and I originally had on a pair of black lacy boy short panties underneath. It looked atrocious. You could see the lines no matter what I did. Granny booty.

I swapped it out for a thong… barely any material and it worked out fine. I contemplated going commando, lol, but the 'barely there' draws worked out just fine and was much less triflin!

OK, this question is not about hair. But since none of the comments so far have been about hair, I think I can get away with asking it. I have a complexion similar to Nikki's and I love the look of white jeans. But I've had some bad experiences with the dreaded VPL (visible panty line) when I wear white. What am I doing wrong???

• MrsWardy88 says:

You rocked it to the T, Nikki! You even kicked it with the Glass dolls!! I'm overwhelmed this feeling.. like "WHY WASNT I THERE??" YOu always turn it out too, keep up the great work honey. I hope to meet you soon.;)

• Sue says:

Looking good girl! Congrats to your hubby.

• CURLYNIKKI says:

OMG! Not Uncle Chocolate! I'm calling him right now! Thanks Shami, you get a point for that one.

Thanks guys!

I'm with Shamigreen…your uncle is FINE. You have some beautiful dark-skinned people in your family…I hope my future husband is dark and fine like that…

Your hair looks great, too, lol.

• BnNappy says:

I'd rock a cute form fitting dress (not the slutty fitting kind) in purple or white… it would be fierce!!!

• babyu21 says:

I thought I saw red bottoms when I looked at the first pic. Get it girl, ballllin'.

• shamigreen says:

I agree w/ anonymous 1:14; We love you & your stick legs Nik! Besides, they make you look modelesque!

Wow you sure got your body back. I am 7 1/2 months preggers right now and have gained 45+ pounds I can only hope to get back to my weight (hopefully about 20lbs less than my previous weight). You don't appreciate your former body until you get pregnant. I hope I remember how it feels to be this big before I criticize my body after I have the baby. You have a body that so many women would kill for and you can wear just about anything you better embrace those stick legs.

• shamigreen says:

OH WHAT FUN! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed your weekend… I bet it was nice to be amongst family & friends, before returning to PA!

YOU are totally killin em in your all white & gold! #POW

Ummm, plz don't assault me for saying this, but Uncle Chocolate is HAWT! LOL

• CURLYNIKKI says:

omg. Confession. How many times have you seen me wear a dress?

Not many, lol. I hate my skinny legs. They're horrible, lol. I wore those rompers in St. Thomas but I was preggers and my legs were swollen and had some meat on 'em, so I had more confidence. i need to get over it and embrace my stick legs, but I'm not there… I'd be self conscious all night!

• TiAnna Mae says:

Definitely a dress! Maybe a sheath style or A-line skirt or dress. You have the figure to wear just about anything that you want.

tiannamae.blogspot.com