You are Enough…

By January 27th, 20216 Comments

BRAVA!!! Positive message; reinforcment; and powerful affirmation. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her outlook. This would be a wonderful commercial and reminds me of those PSAs encouraging young people to discover the world and their potential through reading and dreaming BIG. I would love to see her in a commercial repeating the affirmation YOU ARE ENOUGH. Powerful indeed. More of us need to hear it, embrace it, and believe it.

215Nina

• Bridgit says:

well, once I dried my eyes I wanted to say how important is to be reminded of such truths. Deception is done subtly and before you know it, you are comparing yourself and at the same time rejecting yourself. I AM ENOUGH!

Advertising is used to alter what you think you need. It wouldn't be needed if it wasn't successful. I totally feel what she is saying. These companies play on people's self esteem to make money so they can go pay somebody slave wages, not give them adequate healthcare, not give them family care time, not offer pensions, but oh, don't forget while you out there being overworked and underpaid, make sure you look like some airbrushed druggie.

If people really thought about what goes on they would take it personal. Your money is personal and how people chose to spend the money you put into make them rich should be your business.

Unfortunately, we live in a capitalist society. This is nothing personal, it's business. People are always attempting to sell someting, anything. These commercials prey on people who already believe that they are inadequate – which, unfortunately, includes many people. These people, like sheep to be slaughtered, see the commercial and think, "if only my (fill in the blank with body part) looked better, I could get/have (fill in the blank with personal desire of an insecure person)".
    It's sad. Fortunatley, we have free will to CHOOSE what we buy AND how we respond to the efforts to get us to spend.

• MrsWardy88 says:

What can I say more about this video? I honestly dont know. I'm left speechless, because she says it all. Just as Tracie Thoms said in Good Hair, "Who am I to change the way my hair grows out of my head…" Goes the same with the rest of our body. It makes sense that we want to enhance our beauty sometime…but we need to accept that these products dont Make US… We define the beauty to ourselves.

• IcyLillies says:

You know, when I first went to college. I was considering working in an advertising firm because I thought it would be fun to work with commercials and get really creative with them (who doesn't like a funny well commercial? lol). However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I'm not entirely sure if that's the kind of environment I want to work in, especially when it comes to portraying women. There's one comercial out there that is really sad how they do all these changes to a women who looks fine, but they make her beyond perfect via computers and completely change her into a whole other person.

In the end, people just have to realize exactly what you said, you are enough. You are pretty! You don't need to look like the billboard models because those pictures half the time don't even look like the actual model. Besides, I'm sure many people want some who's more beautiful in spirit than in looks. I know I won't really want to hang around the prettiest girl or guy in school, but who is also cold, arrogant, and very selfish. Great vid!

Here's the video I was talking about. Very sad to me