Well, usually when I do this hairstyle it’s neater and the doublebun thing looks like a big fat number 8.
This time…it just looked like a big lumpy bun… And I was fine with that.
To make this style I:
1. Grabbed a small front section of hair and made a hump.
2. Pinned the hump
3. Wrangled all hair into a ponytail, not too low, but not super high.
4. Split the ponytail into two pieces horizontally. (Meaning you have a top and bottom section, not a left and right section.)
5. Roll top section of the split ponytail UPwards into a lump and secure with bobby pins
6. Roll bottom section of split ponytail DOWNward into a lump and secure w/ bobby pins
7. Check mirror to be sure you don’t look a mess.
8. You’re done!!
This was done on day 3 of a twist-out. My hair had silk elements moisturizer and coconut oil in it.
I styled my hair like this today! Looks perfect and so easy to do. Thanks for the tip ^_^
Gorgeous hair!! You have to tell us what hair color that is!!!!! Pretty please!
Love it! Am definitely going to try it! 🙂
i just tried this style for an after five attire event i have to go and i must say i love it. not too complicated, but still creative. this will be in rotation with my other "classy updo's"
I love this style. Something to look forward too when my hair gets longer.
A MILLION THANKS FOR THIS! I'M A "BUNNER" 99.9% OF THE TIME AND HAVE BE DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE.
LOVE THAT BUN!!! Will definitely be trying this fall. Thanks Dani!
I love how easy this sounds. I will be trying this out tonight! Thanks lady! ~CocoCruise
Yay! Thanks for featuring my figure 8 bun, Nikki!
These pics are making me miss my hair color 🙂
Ooh, I love her hair color! Beautiful hair!
Gorgeous and simple! This is my kind of style. Now, I have to grow my hair that long!!!
I can never get my hair to lie down and be smooth enough for a bun. *sigh* Some random curls always pop straight up!
That's GORGEOUS! And it sounds so easy to do. I must try it 😉