The verdict is in. New York curlies go hard y’all. Damn hard. I’m JUST getting home, literally walked in the door a second ago, and ‘beat’ isn’t even the word. I can barely see straight, so I’ll keep this quite short–
1. The response to my 3 year blogging anniversary party was overwhelming. After receiving 1500 rsvps in 48 hours and changing venues to accommodate more curlies, sadly, we were only able to ticket 650 of those interested. I was flattered and frustrated… happy and disappointed. I wanted everyone to be able to attend, but (1) a venue that holds 2000 folks in NYC would cost abajillion dollars, and (2) I wouldn’t get a chance to meet and mingle with everyone and y’all know how my midwest ass does. *smiles big, waves and motions for a hug*
2. The L’Oreal Mizani sponsored event was nothing short of amazing… wall to wall curly splendiferousness. More than 600 curlies turned out and it was all. the. way. live. I had a ball and from what I could tell, everyone else did too. Boogie was there and I heard she danced all night… until she passed out of course. Oh, and I extended invites to past interviewees Janet ‘Aunt Viv’ Hubert and Karyn ‘Hilary Banks’ Parsons in hopes for a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion of sorts… and they came! Big thanks to Mr. sweetdrk1, Ben of onethurteen for snapping some amazing pics!!!!
3. The after party with Christina of LoveBrownSugar at Pranna rocked my socks. I ate, drank (more), and schmoozed with fellow bloggers and those curlies that wanted to keep the party going. Patron shots all around!
4. The ever flyy Folake of Stylepantry.com helped me conceptualize what became my fit for the evening. I wanted help ‘color blocking’ and she sent me several amazing options to choose from. I pulled from her ideas, sprinkled in a bit of my own flavor and this is what we ended up with–
- Gray Boyfriend Blazer (2 years old)- Urban Outfitters
- Chambray Shirt- J Crew
- Brick Red Jeggings- Pac Sun
- Green Snakeskin Court Show- Zara
- Chunky gold chain- Express