Sometimes wash day can be about as fun as watching paint dry… unfortunately, it takes about that long too. In my interview with Corinne Bailey Rae, she shared that to help her get through those 45 minute detangling sessions, she often sits in her garden. Fancy, huh? But since I’m usually buck ass naked during the styling process, afraid of bugs and oh, lack a garden, I came up with a list of my own. So the next time your henna’ing, deep conditioning, detangling, or putting in them mini-twists, try one of these on for size–
- Finally check out that new CD I haven’t had the chance to listen to for real, for real– (got that new Wale and Drake… and I just… I can’t… with Drake’s rendition of ‘Back that thang up’… )
- Blast Beyonce and sing along loudly and poorly (9 out of 10 times, this is what I do… while chasing behind Boogie)
- Audio book it
- Study notes/flash cards
- Listen to old Paul Mooney stand-up shows
- Catch up with an old friend (I call people ’cause of the nudity, but Syl invites herself over to folk’s houses)
- ^^^ You could also throw hair parties… invite folks over, do hair and have cocktails!
- Affirmations- “I’m awesome, “my hair rocks”, “this twist-out will be the best one yet”
- Stare at something for a little while , shut your eyes and study the after image
- Watch TV (Loving Breaking Bad on Netflix)
- Shoot a youtube video (I can’t, because of the birthday suit and all)
The curly with the most creative answer takes home a jar of Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee!