What better time is there than the holidays to be creative with your hair! Not your traditional bun, this style is simultaneously playful and elegant. It may look like it took a while to do, but creating this holiday hair style should take you between 20 to 30 minutes.
All you’ll need are a few bobby pins, a scrunchie and a decorative hair comb or accessory if you choose. Let’s get holiday ready!
Elegance Never Looked So Good
- Starting with a twist out, apply a bit of moisturizing product throughout your hair. A product like Darcy’s Botanicals Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk provides shine and moisture to keep this style soft and flexible.
- Separate a section in the front of your hair like bangs for the flat twists; create three flat twists going down towards your ear.
- Gather the remainder of your hair in a low side ponytail and secure with a scrunchie; create four or more twists from the hair within the ponytail.
- From the hair within the ponytail, pin each twist around to form the shape of your bun. Use bobby pins to secure the twists within the bun.
- Allow the front twists to flow behind your ear, creating a curve over your ear. Secure with a bobby pin above your ear and hid the ends within the bun.
- To finish the style, spritz with an herbal moisturizer like Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries. Not only does this product smell great, it works to moisturize your hair without having to use your hands and creating more frizz.
- As an option, add your decorative hairpin or accessory. If you’re using a hair comb, try adding it behind your bun to add a touch of embellishment. A hairpin would look great in between the twists and the bun itself.
This holiday hair style is super cute and can be a go to style in a time pinch too! This is also a great protective style for the cold winter season since the ends are tucked and secured away from the elements.
With a proper night time routine you can expect this holiday hair style to last for up to a week. Sleeping with a satin scarf will keep the edges smooth and flyaways tamed. To refresh and add moisture back to your hair, just spritz with your Juices & Berries every other day or as often you find necessary.